Upper extremity includes upper parts of body, which include elbow, radius, hand & wrist, and shoulder. Orthopedic reconstruction or replacement is performed in case of injuries related to upper extremity. Shoulder reconstruction is used in the treatment of different forms of arthritis and other joint disorders such as fracture. Similarly, elbow arthroscopy is performed to treat conditions such as tennis elbow, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Radius implants are used in the treatment of radius bone fractures. Hand & wrist fractures and arthritis are treated using hand and wrist implants.
The major factors that drive the growth of global upper extremity market are rise in incidence of orthopedic diseases & injuries, increase in geriatric population, and improved healthcare facilities in developing & developed countries. However, factors such as stringent approval process for upper extremity implants and high cost associated with these implants restrict the market growth. Conversely, untapped emerging economies are expected to provide new market opportunities for key players manufacturing upper extremity devices.
The report segments the global upper extremity market based on type, biomaterial, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is categorized into shoulder, elbow, and hand & wrist. The shoulder segment is further divided into partial shoulder replacement, total standard replacement, stemless total shoulder replacement, and total reverse replacement. In terms of biomaterial, the market is categorized into metallic biomaterials, ceramic biomaterials, polymeric biomaterials, and natural biomaterials. Regionally, the market is analyzed in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Aesculap Implant Systems, Medtronic plc, Stryker Corporation, Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes), Smith and Nephew plc, Wright Medical Group N.V., BioTek Instruments, Inc., Integra LifeSciences, and Conmed Corporation.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global upper extremity market.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
Upper Extremity Market Key Segments:
- Partial Shoulder Replacement
- Total Standard Replacement
- Stemless Total Shoulder Replacement
- Total Reverse Replacement
- Hand & Wrist
- Metallic Biomaterials
- Ceramic Biomaterials
- Polymeric Biomaterials
- Natural Biomaterials
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA