UPVC is called rigid PVC owing to its hard and inflexible characteristics. The high preference for this material can be attributed to its high resistance to chemicals, water, corrosive environments, and weather. As a framing material, UPVC provides unparalleled quality, has low maintenance, and can be opted in various colors. UPVC offers different benefits apart from being low maintenance and highly resistant to the surrounding environment. The UPVC material offers insulation against rain, is recyclable, offers UV protection, sound insulation, resistant to saltwater, and impact resistance, and has several other commercial applications. The un-plasticized PVC does not have any additive material added to it during production as the normal PVC, and hence, it requires less energy input during production. The development and upgradation of this material have expanded its use in windows, building material, doors, shutters, and automobile body parts. UPVC products are recyclable and environmentally friendly, making them more suitable for the construction industry.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
UPVC doors and windows are aesthetic, long-lasting, fire, wind, and moisture resistant, and thermally and acoustically insulated. They can be customized according to the needs of the customer or individual requirements. This material grade exhibits low thermal conductivity, and it prevents loss of energy by 30-35%. It avoids the condensation taking place, which prevents thermal bridging also, and this material grade never flakes, fades, pits, peels, peels, rust, or corrodes. The only thing that it needs is the check of the seal for maintenance and light soapy wash. UPVC has low cost, and it has exhibits properties such as high stiffness, aesthetic in nature, flame retardant. UPVC is FDA compliant as the residue of vinyl chloride gets restricted and suitable for transparent applications. It also offers better chemical resistance as compared to flexible PVC. It is used as good electrical insulation as well as it provides better vapour barrier properties. Wood in construction can be replaced with this material grade similar to that of the double glazed window frames and window sills, which is also known as vinyl is siding. This material is versatile that can be manufactured in different colors, or it can be made to look like other materials.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the uPVC doors and windows market attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of uPVC doors and windows market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of uPVC doors and windows in the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for uPVC doors and windows was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for uPVC doors and windows.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. UPVC doors and windows market manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- UPVC doors and windows market are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
The UPVC doors and windows market are expected to exhibit high growth rate during the forecast period, led by rapid urbanization and rapid industrialization. Increase in awareness of the benefits of UPVC and elements such as rapid urbanization, regulatory framework, and rise in concerns for energy saving is expected to positively influence the use of this material in doors and windows in the Asia-Pacific Region. Mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets with the technological advancement and product innovation. The Asia-Pacific region is leading the industry, owing to rapid industrialization, an increasing number of automotive industries, and developments in electric and electronic industries. Advancements in technology, coupled with an increase in the number of product innovations, are among the key factors supporting the demand for the global UPVC doors and windows in the market.
- New products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well. For instance, on September 2020 - REHAU announced the launch of the new system 190 Hung-slider design with an integrated RAUSHIELD storm protection system in the US market. This innovation extends the proven high-performance UPVC side-load window line with an economical solution for meeting hurricane impact codes in residential and light commercial buildings.
- Similarly, competitors in the uPVC doors and windows market adopted acquisition as their key developmental strategy to expand their geographical foothold and upgrade their product technologies. For instance, on May 2020 - The Profine Group acquired essential assets from the British Aperture Group, formerly Synseal. The Aperture Group, which is based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire, is known for its renowned brands such as Legend, Synerjy, Evolve, Calibre Doors, Norvik New Build, or WarmCore.
- A strategic business partnership is a long-term business relationship focused on creating joint value for two or more organizations which helps to expand the business operations. For instance, NCL VEKA is a joint venture between NCL, India and VEKA, Germany. The two behemoths have a combined experience of 90 years in window manufacturing.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the uPVC doors and windows market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the uPVC doors and windows market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the uPVC doors and windows market industry growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed uPVC doors and windows market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the uPVC Doors and Windows Market Report
- Who are the leading global players in the uPVC doors and windows market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What is uPVC doors and windows?
- What is uPVC doors and windows market prediction in the future?
- What are the challenges faced in the uPVC doors and windows market?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the key benefits of the uPVC doors and windows market report?
Upvc Doors And Windows Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Marvin Windows and Doors, Andersen Corporation, Jeld-Wen, Atrium Corporation, Ply Gem, Pella Corporation, YKK AP America, Simonton Windows, Vista Products Corporation, Deceuninck North America