Urban Piloted Air Mobility Market Outlook - 2027
The global urban piloted air mobility market is experiencing a significant growth due to increase in demand for aerial platforms for intra-city & intercity mobility. Urban piloted air mobility is an on-demand urban passenger and cargo-carrying transportation system. Urban air mobility is developed to reduce traffic bottleneck and bring new aerial platform for people to travel around cities & urban areas. Growing urban population requires modern mobility solutions for urban traffic problems such as carbon emission, quality of air, and traffic congestion. In addition, several aircraft prototypes are being designed, tested, and created to be used for commercial purposes such as air taxi.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Government imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19 has increased the usage of UAVs for food & medical supplies.
Aircraft manufacturers are forced to delay the testing of prototype aircrafts, due to governments-imposed travel restrictions in the view of COVID-19 pandemic causing a workforce shortage.
Drone manufacturers are facing short-term operational issues due to disruption in supply-chain of component & equipment caused by measures taken by authorities against COVID-19 pandemic.
The drone delivery service providers are unable to procure more drones from the drone manufacturers to keep up with the demand for aerial delivery.
Urban air mobility industry will benefit from the demand for on-demand passenger transport in a post COVID-19 scenario.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in usage of drone delivery, demand for efficient & fast transportation, and rise in adoption of electric-hybrid vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) are the factors that drive the global urban piloted air mobility market. However, government regulation & policies for urban aerial vehicles and costly infrastructure development hinder the market growth. On the contrary, investments in smart city, rising commercial applications, and emission-free air mobility system present new pathways in the industry.
The global urban piloted air mobility market trends are as follows:
Demand for efficient & fast transportation
Urban mobility system can leverage low altitude airspace to avoid congestion on road. For instance, in March 2018, Kitty Hawk Corporation (personal air vehicle manufacturer with headquarters in California, US) unveiled its prototype electric taxi aircraft called Cora. This prototype electric taxi can take-off and land vertically like a helicopter without the need for a runway, powered by 12 independent fans. In addition, in Ingolstadt (city in Bavaria, Germany) an urban air mobility project began in June 2018, involving Audi (German automobile manufacturer), Airbus (European airline manufacturer), the Carisma Research Center, the Fraunhofer Application Center for Mobility, and the THI University of Applied Sciences (THI in the artificial intelligence research network) among various other partners to exploit & study the potential use of urban air mobility in application such as emergency services, transport of blood & organs, traffic monitoring, public safety, and passenger transport. Such demand for efficient & fast transportation will drive the global urban air mobility market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global urban piloted air mobility industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global urban piloted air mobility market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global urban piloted air mobility market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global urban piloted air mobility market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the urban piloted air mobility market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the urban piloted air mobility market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Urban Piloted Air Mobility Market Report Highlights
By Aircraft Type
Key Market Players
Moong Inc., Kitty Hawk, Jaunt Air Mobility LLC., Lilium, Volocopter GmbH, EHang Intelligent Technology Co. Ltd, Aurora Flight Sciences, Jaunt Air Mobility LLC, Airbus SAS, Airspace Experience Technologies Inc., Bell Textron Inc