One of the early symptoms of urinary tract cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, haematuria. As cited in WHO report urinary tract cancer was the ninth-most highly occurent cancer types in 2012 and have high reoccurrence rate as well. The risk of acquiring bladder cancer is high among smokers, aging population, workers at chemical industry, and among people with urinary tract infections. Timely diagnosis of Urinary tract cancers help design efficient treatment approaches aimed at eliminating the disease. As per few research studies it has been identified that around 75% to 80% of the cancer patients survive if it is diagnosed in the early stages. The major factors favoring the growth of the urinary tract cancer treatment market are increasing incidence of urinary tract cancer worldwide owing to rising sedentary lifestyle, geriatric population, rising smoking population and rigorous research activities towards developing urinary tract cancer therapeutics. Clinical trial review of the therapeutics to treat urinary tract cancer seems to provide a lucrative growth prospects for this market.
The global urinary tract cancer market is segmented on the basis of types, diagnostic techniques, treatment procedures and geography. On the basis of types urinary tract cancer market is further categorized into Urothelial carcinoma, Squamous cell carcinoma, Adenocarcinoma and others. Among the urinary tract cancer types, urothelial carcinoma is the most-prevalent with ~90% to 95% occurrence rate, globally. Based on diagnostic techniques it is segmented into Cystoscopy, Urine analyses, Transurethral resection of tumor and Imaging tests. Being a part of initial evaluation in diagnosis of any urinary tract cancer, cytoscopy is the most important investigation for bladder cancer. Segmentation on the basis of treatment procedures categorizes the market into Surgery, Intravesical therapy, Chemotherapy, and Radiation therapy. Geographically, the global urinary tract cancer market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Factors such as higher occurrence rate of urinary tract cancer, higher healthcare spending, availability of advanced healthcare services & technology, reimbursement coverage and relatively higher rate of awareness are driving the growth of the urinary tract cancer market in North America and Europe.
Some key market players are Spectrum pharmaceuticals Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Genzyme Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Shionogi & Co., Ltd., Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd., Medical Enzymes AG, IkerChem S.L., and Amgen Inc.
- This study provides an insightful analysis of the global urinary tract cancer market with current and future trends to identify lucrative investment pockets in the market
- This report also provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global urinary tract cancer market and would assist market strategists in making decisions.
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the global urinary tract cancer market
- Identification of key investment pockets for urinary tract cancer market are providing strategic assistance to decision makers
- Market attractiveness analysis has been included for various product segments, testing procedures, end users and geographic regions with detailed analysis of factors responsible for rapid growth of the market segments
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The global urinary tract cancer market is segmented into four categories: types, diagnostic techniques, treatment and geography.
MARKET BY TYPES
- Urothelial Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Others (small cell cancer, pheochromocytoma, and sarcoma)
MARKET BY DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUES
- Urine analyses
- Imaging test
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan
- Bone Scan
- X-ray Scan
MARKET BY TREATMENT PROCEDURES
- Intravesical therapy
- Radiation therapy
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America