Urothelial Cancer Drug Market Overview 2030
Urothelial cancer also known as transitional cell carcinoma, is a type of cancer that typically occurs in the urinary system. Bladder cancer, ureter cancer, urethra cancer, and urachus cancer are the most common type of urothelial cancers. Histology and micrograph are the methods which are used in diagnosis of this cancer. Non-muscle invasive bladder cancer, muscle invasive diseases, and metastatic disease are the three categories of urothelial cancer. Bavencio, Tecentriq, Nivolumab, Opdivo, Padcev, Pembrolizumab, Keytruda, and others can be used in the treatment of all three stages of utothelial cancer
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the urothelial cancer drug market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in patient suffering from urothelial cancer, increase in cases of genetic disorders, surge in aging population, rise in usage of priority cancer therapies, increase in awareness regarding early diagnosis of cancer, and adoption of sedentary & unhealthy lifestyle are the major factors that drive the growth of urothelial cancer drug market.
- In addition, increase in cases of death due to cancer, surge in usage of radiotherapy & chemotherapy treatment, rise in demand for minimally invasive cancer treatment drugs at early stage, increase in awareness regarding symptoms of cancer, rise in R & D activities to improve effectiveness of drugs, and rise in launch of novel urothelial cancer treatment product such as bavencio are the factors that fuel the growth of urothelial cancer drug market.
- However, high side effects drugs on healthy cells in body hinder the growth of market.
- Contrarily, government initiatives for favourable reimbursement policy and social awareness campaigns held by NGOs are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2020, Pifizer announced the approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for launch of BAVENCIO. This product can be used as first-line treatment among patient who are suffering from advanced or metastatic urothelial cancer.
In 2020, UroGen Pharma announced launch of Mitomycin Gel. This gel can be used in treatment of low grade upper tract urothelial cancer.
In 2019, Astellas Pharma announced permission of U.S. Food and Drug Administration for launch of PADCEV. This product helps in treatment of advanced urothelial cancer.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of urothelial cancer drug market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the urothelial cancer drug market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the urothelial cancer drug market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Urothelial Cancer Drug Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the urothelial cancer drug market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "urothelial cancer drug"?
- What is "urothelial cancer drug" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "urothelial cancer drug" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "urothelial cancer drug" market report?
Urothelial Cancer Drug Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Merck KGaA, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novartis AG, AstraZeneca, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Astellas Pharma US, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company., UroGen Pharma, Inc., Immunomedics, Exelixis, Inc.