The global utility grade duct tapes market is expected to grow significantly in the next few years. The increase in demand for the merchandise for various industrial applications globally is escalating the expansion of utility of grade duct tapes market. Utility grade duct tapes are utilized for color coding, sealing, repairing, holding, strapping, water proofing, and splicing, and are pressure-sensitive tapes having high tracking capacities. The tack adhesion and therefore the material of the utility grade duct tapes tend to create its grade and end- user industry.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Utility grade duct tape has a high-tack adhesive bond. It is made with a versatile polyethylene-coated material that tears easily. The utility duct tapes will be used as an adhesive tape on floors or other smooth surfaces. These are easy to tear, have excellent strength, and abrasion resistance. These features make them an ideal choice as masking paper for smooth and delicate surfaces. This likely to aid in the global growth of the utility grade duct tapes market.
Market Size Available for years
Base Year Considered
Forecast Unit Period
Backing Material, Application, End User, Region
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, LAMEA
3M, Berry Global, Tesa, Intertape Polymer, Shurtape Technologies, Scapa Group, Vibac Group, Shanghai Yongguan Adhesive Products, Pro Tapes and Specialities, Bolex Adhesive Products
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the utility grade duct tape market negatively, as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and nonessential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- Due to high demand e-commerce-specific packaging, e-commerce companies will need to focus on product protection and package sanitization.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products such as groceries and fresh food, mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging have faced a sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during 2020.
- Owing to the general population's lower disposable income and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods, the packaging industry may face significant pressure to reduce wholesale and retail costs.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant about the consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services, which is expected to hinder the packaging industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Major Impacting Factors
Rise in the demand for packaging and industry across the board are some of the foremost factors driving the expansion of duct tapes market. The widespread use of duct tape in a wide range of industrial and home improvement applications, as well as use in vehicle assembly operations such as airbag cover attachment and small panel attachment, accelerate market growth Increase in inclination toward duct tapes owning to their properties such as excellent holding power, durability & removal properties, specialized high strength, professional grade, and high export of electronic goods further influences the market.
- The utility grade duct tape market is growing on a daily basis as a result of increased urbanization and industrialization, increased repairing and strapping, and increased demand for vinyl and polyethylene, all of which have a positive impact on the duct tape market.
- The utility grade duct tape market is expanding in the construction industry, with building projects accounting for a large portion of the market's growth. Furthermore, these tapes are highly cost-efficient, which makes them an obvious choice in industrial sectors.
Utility Grade Duct Tapes Market Report Highlights
By Backing Material
By End User