Vagus nerve stimulation device is referred to as a pacemaker for the brain, which stimulates the vagus nerve with the help of electrical impulses. The device is located under the skin on the chest wall and electrical impulse passes through a wire to the vagus nerve in the neck. This vagus nerve controls the functions of the body, which are not controlled voluntarily (for example, the heart rate).
Rise in prevalence of neurological and cardiovascular disorders, increase in geriatric population, growth in support from government and private organizations, and introduction of favorable reimbursement policies drive the market. However, high cost of these devices and complications associated with vagus nerve stimulation restrain the market growth. Furthermore, high adoption rate of minimally invasive VNS procedures and development of next-generation therapies for neurological disorders drive the market growth during the forecast period.
The carotid artery stents market is segmented based on product type, end user, and region. Based on product type, it is bifurcated into balloon expandable stents and self-expanding stents. On the basis of material, the market is classified into implantable VNS devices and external VNS devices. On the basis of end user, the market is divided into hospitals, and ambulatory surgical centers. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include LivaNova Plc., EnteroMedics Inc., Beijing Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd., BioControl Medical (B.C.M) Ltd., and electroCore LLC.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global vagus nerve stimulation device market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Vagus Nerve Stimulation Device Market Key Segments
By Product Type
- Implantable VNS Devices
- External VNS Devices
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA