Valve Controller Market Outlook – 2027
A valve controller is used to keep the regulated process variable as close as possible to the desired set point and also for manipulating the flow of gases, fluids, water, steam and others to compensate for the load disturbance. They help in improving the overall performance of the process by enhancing productivity and reliability and thus are the most important part of any process control loop.
Therefore, they find their applications in the industries such as food and beverage, water and waste water treatment, oil and gas, energy and power, pharmaceutical and healthcare, metals and mining, pulp and paper, building and construction and others. Innovations in the electronic systems industry will pave the way for better valve controllers. The global market is experiencing a significant growth, and will grow considerably in next few years.
The global valve controller market is segmented on the basis of type, communication protocol, material, end user, and region. Based on type, the valve controller market is bifurcated into digital and traditional. In terms of communication protocol, the market is categorized into FOUNDATION Fieldbus, HART, PROFIBUS, and others. On the basis of material, the market is divided into cast iron, stainless steel, cryogenic, alloy based, and others.
In terms of end user, the market is segregated into food & beverages, water & waste water treatment, oil & gas, energy & power, pharmaceutical & healthcare, metals & mining, pulp & paper, building & construction, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global valve controller industry include CIRCOR International, Emerson, ABB, CLA-VAL, Schneider Electric, SMC Corporation, Dymax Corporation, Samson Controls, Tokyo Keiki, Siemens and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
Top Impacting Factors
The major factors which drive the valve controller market growth are the increasing demand from the end user industries such as oil and gas, energy and power and water and waste water treatment industries.
The need for valve replacement and the adoption of smart valves due to the introduction of IIoT and Industry 4.0 are the other factors fueling the market growth. However, increase in collaborations by major industry players may hinder the market growth. Moreover, increasing need for power and energy across the globe and high-temperature, high pressure and adverse corrosion conditions faced by refineries and production plants will drive the market further.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
A new MSV-100 valve controller was launched by DFT Inc. recently. It has a straight –through Venturi design that provides rugged reliability and can handle high pressure drops which is beneficial for use in medium services liquid, gas, and steam flanged applications. It is available in various sizes ranging from 1” to 4” and in alloy steel, carbon steel and stainless steel. This product minimizes downtime, maintenance and ownership costs. Thus, this new product flourished the market.
Surge in Usage in Chemical Industry
Chemical industry has to deal with molten slurry, abrasive silica, corrosive attacks, liquefied wax, and fugitive emissions. Thus there is a need for usage of valve controllers in this industry for improving the performance of processes and ensuring staff safety and process integrity. It also helps in enhancing profitability by improving the volume and rate at which the plant can produce products. These are used in plant on a large scale s to improve its safety, support valves in accurate positioning and improve performance. Thus, there is surge in the demand and usage of Valve controllers in chemical industry.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global valve controller market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global valve controller market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global valve controller market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global valve controller market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global valve controller market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new valve controllers as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for valve controllers are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced valve controllers to enhance efficiency.
Questions Answered in the Valve Controller Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the valve controller market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the valve controller market size?
- How current valve controller market trends would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Valve Controller Market Report Highlights
By Communication Protocol
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
CIRCOR, Emerson, Baker Hughes, SMC Corporation, Metso, Azbil,, Flowserve Corporation, ABB, Schneider electric, Siemens