Vascular dressings are also known as intravenous site dressings are used for protection of the vascular site having an injury. These are used to prevent infections that can occur at the insertion site. Since the IV sites are prone to viral and bacterial infections, these dressings are significant. Vascular dressings are not only used to prevent infection at the site but also to ensure the line in place for better management. Another common application of vascular dressings is securing surgical incisions, superficial wounds like abrasions, minor burns, and securing catheter sites. Vascular dressings aid the excess moisture to free while maintaining a moist wound healing environment which is required for healing of the wound.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the vascular dressings market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in cases of hospital-acquired infections at the intravenous site, increase in birth-related hospitalizations and road accidents, and surge in the geriatric population who is more prone to surgeries & hospitalization, are factors that drive the growth of the vascular dressings market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; rise in R&D activities to launch novel developed products in the market are some factors, which boost the market growth for vascular dressings.
- However, affordability and accessibility in remote parts of the world may hinder the vascular dressings market growth.
Vascular Dressings Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2016, Beckton Dickinson and Company and Vancive Medical Technologies launched a line of transparent vascular dressings with chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) antimicrobial preservatives. It was intended to improve patient care and be comfortable for clinicians to apply and remove.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vascular dressings industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the vascular dressing’s market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the vascular dressing’s market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the vascular dressings market.
- The report provides a detailed vascular dressings market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the vascular dressings Report
- Which are the leading players active in the vascular dressings market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the vascular dressings market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Vascular dressings"?
- What is "Vascular dressings" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Vascular dressings" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Vascular dressings" Market report?
Vascular Dressings Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Systagenix, Vancive Medical Technologies (Avery Dennison), Derma Sciences, Smith and Nephew, B Braun, 3M, BD, Richardson Healthcare, BSN Medical (Essity), Reliamed, Mölnlycke Health Care, Medline