Vaterite Market Insights and Forecast -2027
Vaterite is a polymorph of calcium carbonate and has a hexagonal crystal system. Polymorphism is the ability of a mineral to exist indifferent crystalline structures. Calcium carbonate has different polymorphs including calcite, arogonite and vaterite. Vaterite is also called mu-calcium carbonate. It is produced when carbon dioxide reacts with aqueous solution of calcium chloride in the presence of ammonia at about 25 degrees Celsius. Vaterite is highly soluble in water and possesses antacid properties. It has vantage critical advantage of not changing the physical or chemical properties of any products which it is added to. And thus vaterite is widely used in medicines and also as mineral fillers to maintain a high level of humidity.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has significant effects in all aspects of book business.
- Amidst the pandemic the application of vaterite in the medical industry has escalated to a great extent.
- Vaterite has been proved to be effective in drug delivery mechanism in the respiratory portion and thus it is extensively used in treating the COVID-19 infected patients all over the world. As the most vulnerable part of the human body in the pandemic is the respiratory system, thus usage of relevant drugs and advanced drug delivery mechanisms provided by vaterite are in high demand I the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The massive developments in the pharmaceutical industry and the health care sector has driven the growth of the global vaterite market. Vaterite is widely used in the production of drugs. It also plays a major role in drug delivery in case of vascular medicines. It is also implied as fillers for bones and vaterite has been proved to be bioactive in degradable polymers through the formation of apatite.
Vaterite also has its application in the paper and pulp industry. It is used in the coating pigment for ink jet paper as a substitute of silica. Several studies on the contact angle between water and the paper services have shown that the hydrophilicity of the coating containing vaterite to be more than that of silica. It is also used as a calcium supplement and in electro spun polymeric fibers used in the biomedical industry. However, being a rare mineral, the rarity of vaterite might be a restraining factor for the market.
The market in the North America region holds the major share of the global vaterite market due to the high consumption of vaterite in the different industries. The market in the Asia-Pacific Is also expected to grow at a steady pace with the increasing applications of vaterite in the pharmaceutical and paper and pulp industries in the emerging economies like India and China.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global vaterite industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global vaterite market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global vaterite market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global vaterite market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Vaterite Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the vaterite market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Vaterite Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Logitech International, Garmin Ltd., Bose Corporation, Sennheiser Electronic, Plantronics, Inc., Sony Corporation, Harman International, Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics, Altec Lansing