Vehicle front guard is fixed in front of the bumper which provides extra protection to the vehicle. The front guards protect the vehicle from getting dented, scraped, or scratched by another vehicle while parking moreover during a collision it reduces the collision effect on the vehicle to a great extent. There are different types of front guards such as stick-on, trunk-mounted, license plate-mounted, hitch-mounted, and protective film. Currently, the rubber material is also used to make the front guard, it provides maximum protection to the bumper since it provides better cushioning. Furthermore, police vehicle uses front guard known as nudge bar which serves protection, and police also use it as a battering ram. A nudge bar is used to push disabled vehicles off the road, and it is also designed to end vehicle pursuits by spinning the fleeing vehicles with a budge to the rear quarter panel. Thus, vehicle front guards are used to protect against any damage to vehicles.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Due to COVID-19, the automobile market witnessed a downfall due to stringent lockdown imposed by the government of major countries. Automobile manufacturing was stopped due to lockdown and government restrictions. Thus, it directly affected the demand for vehicle front. Moreover, due to movement restrictions, the supply of already manufactured vehicle front guards was halted which led to the build-up of inventory. Furthermore, the unavailability of raw materials for the manufacturing of vehicle front guards disrupted production of the product. Also, the restriction affected aftermarket sales of vehicle front guards since all the automotive parts and maintenance shops were closed due to lockdown. In addition, the pandemic harmed the automobile market which further affected the market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in vehicle customization, increase in awareness about vehicle care, and surge in awareness about safety can drive growth of the market.
However, government bans on use of bull bar front guards and rise in risk of death & serious injury to pedestrians can hamper growth of the market.
Moreover, rise in online sales of vehicle front guard, surge in vehicle population & road traffic, and low cost of repair of vehicles after collision on usage of vehicle front guard act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Government bans on the use of bullbar front guards
- Front guards especially bullbar types have been banned or special rules have made on installation by the government of major countries. Since bull-bars possess several threats to both vehicles and pedestrians. For instance, bull-bars prevent airbags from opening up on collision also, car insurance companies refuse to provide insurance to vehicles with the bull-bar since the fitting of the bullbar tamper the chassis of the car compromising the structural strength in the car. Moreover, the bull-bar affects the aerodynamics of the car compromising with high-speed stability. Furthermore, the bull-bar also affects the crumple zone in the car which means in case of an accident the impact of energy & damage reduces significantly due to the crumple zone and people inside the vehicle suffer less shock but installing bull-bars reduces the effectiveness of crumple zone.
- In India under Section 52 of the Motor Vehicle Act bull bars are declared illegal in 2017, and using similar crash guards will attract penalties under Section 190 and 191. Thus, the government ban is expected to hamper the product market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vehicle front guards market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the vehicle front guards market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the vehicle front guards market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed vehicle front guards market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the vehicle front guards market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the vehicle front guards market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Vehicle Front Guards Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
By Product Type
By Sales Channel Type
Key Market Players
STEELCRAFT, WESTIN, Luv-Tap, Parking Armor, Ex-Guard, HERD, Bumper Badger, Bumper Bully, Ranch Hand, LUVERNE