The vehicle ignition switch is the master switch in the vehicle control system starts the power to control electrical systems, power windows, accessories, and others. In internal combustion engine vehicles, the ignition switch provides power to the starter solenoid, ignition system components and it is frequently combined with the starter switch which activates the starter motor. Moreover, the switch is combined with an immobilizer which activates the switch functions when a transponder signal in the key is detected. Furthermore, currently, various vehicles are equipped with a keyless system that replaces the key switch with a push button that also requires a transponder signal. In addition, the ignition switch has anti-theft functions the modern vehicle key is provided with a code that is required for the vehicle to start the ignition switch. Also, the switch can be used to lock the steering wheel when the key is removed and in an automatic transmission vehicle, there is a shift interlock function that locks the transmission linkage so that the transmission cannot be shifted out of the park.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Due to COVID-19, the automobile market witnessed a downfall due to stringent lockdown imposed by the government of major countries. Vehicle manufacturing was stopped due to lockdown and government restrictions. Thus, it directly affected the demand for vehicle ignition switches used in the vehicle. Furthermore, due to the unavailability of raw material the manufacturing of vehicle ignition switches was disrupted. Also, the unavailability of labor due to social distancing norms, for manufacturing vehicle ignition switches further delayed the operation. In addition, the pandemic harmed the vehicles market which further affected the vehicle ignition switches market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in vehicle production, increase in demand for vehicle with advanced features, and surge in demand for vehicle safety & security are expected to drive growth of the market.
However, rise in demand for electric & hybrid vehicles and increase in frequent switch faults can hamper growth of the market.
Moreover, rise in vehicle sale, increase in demand for keyless push-button ignition system, and surge in aftermarket ignition switch repair & change act as an opportunity for the growth of the market.
- Vehicle sales and production is increasing in developing nations as a result of increased disposable income of consumers, industrialization, and urbanization. Moreover, rapid technological advancements and infrastructure growth in developing countries have led to a rise in demand for vehicles. Furthermore, growth in the vehicle ignition switches market is directly proportional to the production and sales of vehicles.
- The average disposable income of people in developing countries has increased, owing to growing economies in developing countries, and has led to the higher standards of living of people in developing countries. For instance, high growth in sales has led to an increase in demand for vehicle ignition switches. Also, the vehicle volumes in developing countries have increased in the past five years and it is projected to grow further. The primary reason for this growth is the increase in the average life of vehicles, growing production and sales volume in these countries. Thus, the rise in vehicle sales acts as an opportunity for the growth of the vehicle ignition switches market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vehicle ignition switches market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the vehicle ignition switches market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the vehicle ignition switches market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed vehicle ignition switches market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the vehicle ignition switches market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the vehicle ignition switches market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Vehicle Ignition Switches Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
BorgWarner Inc., Strattec, Febi Bilstein, Leopold Kostal GmbH & Co. KG, Standard Motor, Omron Corp, Tokai Rika Co. Ltd, ACDelco, Delphi Automotive Plc, Robert Bosch GmbH