The global vertical machining center market is experiencing a considerable growth, and is expected to grow significantly in next few years. Hard metals such as steel and aluminum have played a vital role in manufacturing and industrialization. Vertical machining centers are the most commonly used machines for fabrication of metal components, which is a key driver in the growth of the vertical machining center market. Vertical machining centers are an essential component in any major manufacturing and fabrication industries. Non computer numerical control (non-CNC) vertical machining centers require the use of templates or cams to control the machine while vertical machining centers enabled with computer numerical control (CNC) enable the user to control the center through a computer-based input system, which makes the operations easier and time efficient. Wide range of vertical machining centers with respect to axis, rotary device and accuracy, paired with multifunctionality, durability, and low operation costs ensure substantial growth of the vertical machining center market throughout the forecast period.
Vertical machining centers include machines in which the spindle axis is vertically oriented. A 3 axes vertical machining center is one of the basic variants, which can be used for several industrial processes. Advanced machine with more than 3 axes are suitable for complex jobs, which increase the usability of the machines. Vertical machining centers are extensively used for flat works such as molds and die cavities that require the tool access from the top. Advanced, high precision vertical machining centers can be used for working on big metal components such as engine propellers and impellers.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various end users of the vertical machining center industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of the market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of vertical machining centers since second quarter of 2020, due to the steep decline in manufacturing activities and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the 2021.
- The major demand for vertical machining centers was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for vertical machining centers.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Vertical machining center manufacturers can afford declining sales only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment strategies. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- With the increasing number of vaccinations and leniency in restrictions laid by the government, the manufacturing industry has shown signs of recovery which is a positive factory for the vertical machining centers market.
Top Impacting Factors
Metals are a key contributor in the economic development of a country as they fuel the manufacturing industry. Vertical machining centers provide efficient fabrication of durable and useful metal component, for various manufacturing industries, which is a key driver in the growth of the vertical machining centers market. High precision vertical machining centers are extensively used in aerospace and automotive industry. Low-cost as compared to horizontal machining centers and leveraging technologies, such as high-speed spindles and advanced CNC controls, further positively influence the demand for vertical machining centers. Features such as automatic tool changers that can hold 20, 40 or even a hundred different tools for all kinds of metal working requirements, make the machine centers easy to operate and time efficient. The increasing cost of steel, carbon, and electricity restraints the growth of the industry. The implementation of business-friendly tax policies in emerging economies has led to the rise of industries in countries like India, Mexico, China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Brazil, and many other countries, which is an opportunity for further growth of vertical machining market throughout the forecast period.
- The key players of the industry are adopting the trend to develop vertical machining centers with a greater number of axes to improve complex machining requirements such as turning and grinding.
- Chiron FZ/DZ 25 is a series of vertical machining center series developed by Chiron, which is capable of high-volume machining of complicated structural components for the automotive and aerospace industry. This series also offers high accuracy and productivity.
- Breton S.p.A., an Italy based company has introduced the Matrix 8000 that offers sufficient thrust and rigidity for metalworking jobs such as high-feed and roughing, it is also equipped with dynamic, speed, and ideal acceleration modes to increase production efficiencies.
- EVS Metals acquired of Jarco Industries and with the aim to increase its CNC machining capacity by 400% is an example of acquisition strategy adopted by various players in the industry.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vertical machining centers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the vertical machining centers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the vertical machining centers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed vertical machining centers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Vertical Machining Center Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User Industry
By Business Type
Key Market Players
KNUTH GmbH., CHIRON Group SE, Okuma America Corporation, SCM Group, Haas Automation, Inc., EMAG GmbH & Co. KG., Breton S.p.A., Hurco Companies, Inc., DMG MORI., Makino