Vertical Mobility Market Outlook -2027
Global vertical mobility refers to vertical passenger movement from ground to air. They do not normally need a long-term operating distance.Vertical mobility will only be one part of urban transport because it has a limited range of applications and can usually beat other transport modes, such as taxis, within 20 km or more. Once linked with both first and final mile modes of transport, vertical mobility would become an integral part of overall urban mobility. Passenger drones can play a major role as they are quickly available on request.Roughly 100 landing places are sufficient for a town with a million or more people to be widely served. The pilots and up to four passengers are allowed to fly air taxis, often referred to as VTOLs (vertical starting and landing). Generally, the VTOL is powered by electrical rotors and is quieter and more robust.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Automotive is one of the most vulnerable verticals to the continuing outbreak of COVID-19 and currently faces unparalleled uncertainty. The supply chain and product demand in the automotive sector are likely to have a significant impact.
- The problems of the sector have grown from China's supply chain disruption to the global downturn in demand for automotive goods. With the closure of all non-important facilities the market for commercial vehicles is projected to drop.
- Companies are experiencing production disruption and liquidity crisis due to declining demand in commercial aviation as staff go home, travelers stop flying and consumers delay the delivery of new aircraft.
- When the current market overcomes the effect of pandemic and aircraft orders are increased, the market will rise again.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Growing attention to rising airport waiting time, versatility in terms of travel times for passengers, the technical advancement in passenger movement, and increasing demand for satellite-based navigation, increased land-based traffic, increasing traffic congestion in highly urbanized citiesare all main drivers of growth in the markets. Low infrastructure investment is needed for vertical mobility, as airways are almost inexpensive. Besides, an increase in the general population's inclination towards air travel, growing disposable income among the workforce, demand for new commercial aircraft, and increasing defense spending, especially in developing countries, are factors that have a positive impact on the growth of the market for vertical mobility systems. Additionally, security exercises, regular inspections, and directives from various organizations regarding aviation safety drive more market development. However, several operating regulations and a lack of a well-established supply chain and robust infrastructure remain restrictive to the growth of the market.
The global vertical mobilitymarket trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
As of January 2020, EHang announced that over 2,000 passenger flight tests have been carried out for the EHang 216 aircraft, including flying in winds of up to 70 km / h (44 mph), fog and low visibility situations of about 50 m (164 ft). EHang also seeking for U.S. approval of their aircraft by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and their first U.S. flight test took place in January 2020. Also, on 10 March 2020 at its Royan-MédisAérodrome plant, France's VoltAero performed the first flight of its conventional hybrid-electric takeoff and landing (eCTOL) Cassio 1 aircraft.
On 20 March 2020, Israeli VTOL manufacturer Urban Aeronautics announced a collaboration with the Singapore-based helicopter charter booking company Ascent Flights Global to provide UAM services in Asia using CityHawk, a six-seat manned VTOL aircraft manufactured by Metro Skyways. Also, SkyDrive, has announced that the first manned test flights of an eVTOL aircraft in Japan have been conducted on 7 April 2020.
Increased road traffic and various technological advancements including eVTOL
Furthermore, traffic is a common phenomenon with significant negative consequences as to increased fuel usage, loss of time, and higher emissions. For example, Los Angeles' average resident loses 102 hours of traffic delays a year.The early adopters of eVtoL (electric vertical start-up and landing) aircraft are anticipated to be Smart & creative cities, including Dubai, Singapore, Dallas, China, Sao Paulo, as these regions are easy to make decisions and open to new technology testing. The quickest transport and saves precious time are also vertical mobility. The environment will meet criteria in four main fields, including aircraft structures, certification, and law, social acceptance, and infrastructure to make vertical mobility a reality.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global vertical mobility industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the vertical mobility market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the vertical mobilitymarket?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Vertical Mobility Market Report Highlights
By Service type
Key Market Players
VotAero, EHANG, Airbus S.A.S., Embraer, Vahana, Aurora Flight Sciences, Volocopter GmbH, SureFly, SkyDrive, Lilium GmbH