Veterinary ultrasound scanners are the scanners that use ultrasound sound waves in the frequency range of 1.5-15 MHz to create image of body structures based on the pattern of echoes reflected from the tissues and organs being imaged in the animal diagnosis. It is also called as the ultrasonography. It is most commonly used imaging format in veterinary practice. There are various types of image formats such as A-mode, B-mode, B-flow, C-mode, M-mode, doppler mode, pulse inversion mode, and harmonic mode. B-mode grayscale scanning is the most commonly used mode for the scanning purpose as it creates the actual image of anatomy. The strength of an echo depends on the velocity of the sound beam. The increase in the velocity of the sound beam leads to rise in the strength of an echo. The real-time image is easier to interpret and allows the examiner to scan continuously until a satisfactory image is obtained. DICOM III standard is the legal and accepted format for digital ultrasound images. The ultrasound devices are able to scan the images about a limited depth of the tissues that is around 24 cm. It is used to evaluate most of the soft tissues including muscles, tendons and ligaments. The heart muscle and abdomen tissues are major target examination points performed in the small animals.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
To take care of infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Impact Analysis
Major factors responsible for driving the growth of the veterinary ultrasound scanners market include increase in the prevalence of the zoonotic disease, rise in the expenditure on the animal health, surge in the pet insurance, increase in the demand for the portable ultrasound scanner, various technological advancements in scanners resulting in the miniaturization of devices and rise in the disposable income, increase in the investments by the market players, rise in the public-private partnerships of the market players for various developments, surge in the number of the pet owners, well developed healthcare systems and also rise in the research and development activities.
However, lack of the awareness toward animal well-being and stringent government regulation related to pet adoption are anticipated to restrain the growth of the market.
New product launches to flourish the market:
In September 2019, E.I Medical Imaging launched Ibex Pro and SuperLite/c, a new ultrasound scanner used for dairy animals and beef.
In July 2019, Fujifilm Sonosite had partnered with Partners Healthcare to enhance its ultrasound product design with artificial intelligence.
Surge in the usage of the veterinary ultrasound scanners:
Increase in the prevalence of the zoonotic diseases and rise in the number of the pet owners drive the usage of the veterinary ultrasound scanners. Moreover, increase in the number of well-developed healthcare systems can also help to surge the usage of the ultrasound scanners.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global veterinary ultrasound scanners industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global veterinary ultrasound scanners market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global veterinary ultrasound scanners market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global veterinary ultrasound scanners market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the veterinary ultrasound scanners market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the veterinary ultrasound scanners market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Veterinary Ultrasound Scanners Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End Users
Key Market Players
Mindray Medical International Ltd., Draminski S.A, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, General Electric Company, Siemens AG., IMV Technology Group, Esaote SpA., Canon Inc., Hitachi Ltd.