The quality of subgrade plays a vital role in the durability of a road pavement and it depends upon the subgrade material as well as the level of compaction achieved. Vibratory plate compactors are pedestrian operated compaction machines that compact the soil using its self-weight and vibrations. Vibratory plate compactors are especially useful in small spaces where the use of ride-on rollers is technically not feasible, which acts as a key driver in the growth of the vibratory plate compactors market. Single plate compactor can be used in a single direction while reversible plate compactors can be used for compaction in forward as well as backward direction, which further increases its usability. The wide the range of plate compactors with respect to weight, vibration frequency, power, plate size, and fuel make it more attractive for potential customers. The key players in the industry are constantly working on developing plate compactors with better efficiency and compaction range.
Vibratory plate compactors mainly consist of an engine mounted on top of a ductile cast iron plate and handlebars for easy movement. The handlebars are also equipped with throttle adjuster. The vibratory plate compactors, compact the soil by application of vibrations (between 2000 and 6000vpm) within a range of 10 to 40cms, which rearranges the soil particles and reduces the volume of voids, thus achieving a better degree of compaction. The ability to achieve various degrees of compaction paired with its features such as light weight and easy logistics ensure increasing demand for vibratory plate compactors throughout the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of vibratory plate compactors attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of the market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 affected the sales of vibratory plate compactors in the second quarter of 2020 as the demand witnessed a steep decline due to restrictions in construction activities. Major countries reduced infrastructural investment thus, decreasing the construction of roads, bridges and flyovers buildings in the wake of reducing demand because of COVID-19.
- The major demand for vibratory plate compactors was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., China, U.K., Mexico, Brazil, India and Germany which are negatively affected by the spread of the COVID-19, thereby decreasing the demand for vibratory plate compactors.
- COVID-19 pandemic also negatively affected the vibratory plate compactor manufacturing units due to the restrictions laid on factory operations. Manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
- The increasing vaccination drives and leniency in the COVID-19 restrictions has revived the construction of infrastructure. Thus, being a positive factor in the recovery of vibratory plate compactors market.
Top Impacting Factors
The increasing population and urbanization have exponentially increased the demand for infrastructure such as roads, bridges and flyovers, which acts as a key driver in the growth of the vibratory plate compactors market. Vibratory plate compactors are an essential construction equipment as they help in achieving the required degree of compaction and MDD, which is vital for the durability of roads. Vibratory plate compactors also play a critical role in construction of bridges and flyovers to compact the outer sides of abutments where heavy ride-on rollers cannot be used. These equipment are easy to operate, durable, and require less maintenance, which further increases its demand. Vibratory plate compactors are a necessity for compaction of soil in small and delicate places such edges of manholes and gutter, they are also used in the construction of reinforced earth walls. The increasing cost of raw materials and advancements in walk behind rollers are major restraints in the growth of the vibratory plate compactors market. The improving functionality and multi usability of vibratory plate compactors, such as compaction and levelling of bitumen ensure substantial growth of vibratory plate compactors market throughout the forecast period.
- The key players in the industry have increased their investment in R&D, increase the utility of the machines. For instance, Mikasa Sangyo Co., have developed features such as self-lubrication, double compaction baseplate, folding handling, and vibration absorbing system to increase the durability as ease of operation of vibratory plate compactors.
- UNi-corp (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. now offers a wide range of petrol engines from renowned Japanese manufacturer, Honda to increase the durability and reliability of vibratory plate compactors.
- The manufacturers of construction equipment are attracting investments attributed to its growth potential. For instance, Lifco Ab which is a Swedish investment company acquired the majority stake in Cangini Benne, an Italian construction equipment manufacturer.
- Expansion of product portfolio is another strategy adopted by various companies to increase the field of applications of their products. Cangini Benne, has developed small vibratory plate compactors that can be used in trenches after utility cables and pipes have been laid.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vibratory plate compactors industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the vibratory plate compactors market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the vibratory plate compactors market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed vibratory plate compactors market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Vibratory Plate Compactors Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User Industry
By Business Type
Key Market Players
Caterpillar, UNi-corp (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., Allied Construction Products, LLC., Mikasa Sangyo Co., Ltd., Jaypee India Ltd., Belle Engineering Ltd., Wacker Neuson SE, The Toro Company, Deere & Company, Cangini Benne srl