The demand for vibratory rammers is anticipated to witness substantial growth throughout the forecast period. Soil property is a vital component of building or road design as weight of the structure is transferred to the soil. Thus, bearing capacity of soil is a key factor during the design and construction of roads and buildings. Furthermore, degree of compaction of soil determines the load carrying capacity of soil. With the help of vibratory rammers, the soil can be compacted to the required density, thereby making the structure safe and economical. Thus, vibratory rammers play a vital role in construction of roads and buildings. Vibratory rammers are compact machines that are suitable for use in small and critical spaces to achieve the required degree of compaction. Major players in the industry are focusing on development of more effective and efficient rammers to sustain the market competition.
Factors such as maximum dry density (MDD) play a vital role in road design and overall serviceability of the structure. Vibratory rammers are parts of construction equipment that compact the soil mechanically. They consist of an engine that transmits its power through the whipping system and whipping foot, which generates shock force, thereby compacting the substrate. Vibratory rammers are available in various sizes and specifications, which increases its applicability in indoor and outdoor construction activities.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic ceased the production of vibratory rammers, which is attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of industry in the last few months and is likely to continue through 2022.
- COVID-19 has affected the sales of vibratory rammers in the first half of 2021 as the demand witnessed a steep decrease due to restrictions in construction activities. Major players in the construction industry decreased the construction of buildings and roads in the wake of COVID-19.
- The major demand for vibratory rammers was previously noticed in the U.S., China, the UK, India, Germany, India, and GCC countries, which are negatively affected by the spread of the COVID-19, thereby decreasing the demand.
- The COVID-19 pandemic negatively affected the vibratory rammer manufacturing units due to the restrictions laid on factory operations. Manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distance, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health and safety of the workforce.
- Increase in vaccination drives and leniency in the COVID-19 restrictions has revived construction and maintenance activities of roads, which is a positive sign for the recovery of vibratory rammer market.
Top Impacting Factors
The connectivity and efficiency of road networks play a key role in overall development of a country. Thus, major developing countries are focused on rapid development of roads. Furthermore, increase in private–public partnerships (PPPs) to promote infrastructural development is one of the important driving factors for the global infrastructure construction industry. As degree of compaction is an important aspect in road construction, increase in number of road projects is a major driver in the growth of vibratory rammer market. Furthermore, vibratory rammers are cost-effective and can be easily transported, thereby increasing its usability. However, the ability to provide light compaction and maximum effectiveness in smaller depths is a restraining factor for the market growth. Many countries are focusing on rapid development of road projects for overall economic development of the nation. For instance, the Indian government plans to construct roads worth $200 billion in the next two years. Such government initiatives provide lucrative growth opportunities for the vibratory rammer market.
- Major players in the industry are offering products that are environment and user friendly. For instance, Wacker Neuson SE AS50e and AS60e range of vibratory rammers are cordless, battery-powered, making it ideal for indoor construction and renovation projects. These rammers are used in poorly ventilated areas such as trenches and sound-sensitive areas.
- Manufacturers of vibratory rammers are offering rammers with increases applicability. LAKU Industries Sdn. Bhd. provides vibratory rammers that are suitable for compacting rock fill, clay, sand, and gravel and is used for backfilling, road repair, and other construction work.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vibratory rammer industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and the vibratory rammer market share.
- A quantitative analysis highlights the vibratory rammer market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed vibratory rammers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Vibratory Rammer Market Report Highlights
By End-user Industry
By Business Type
Key Market Players
Wacker Neuson, Husqvarna, Atlas Copco, Ingersoll Rand, Komatsu, MBW, Hoverla, Belle Group, Ammann Group, Doosan Portable Power