Video Servers Market Insight
A video server is a server that is dedicated to taking in, storing, and delivering video. Like other types of servers, a video server is a physical hardware unit that fits into a standard 19-inch rack space and can be connected for direct input and output for video access. Video servers use specific technology to catalogue and store video clips or full-length videos, and to distribute them as needed. These technologies include codes and transcoding tools, as well as broadcast quality features to ensure high-quality streaming of digital video. Video servers use metadata to fully document the identities of video clips for efficient distribution across channels. The demand for video streaming server technology plays an even bigger role in entertainment with increase in mobile device use. Customers want to access video on any device on their own schedules whether it is watching music videos, movies, favorite television programs, or premium content like pay-for-view sports events.
Impact of COVID-19 on Video Servers Market:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has acted as a catalyst for the development of automation technologies by global companies, especially in the area of drones for the purpose of surveillance and medicine delivery, IT industry.
- The unprecedented economic impact of COVID-19 on demand and supply, along with implications on geopolitics, and globalization, will influence the future of automation.
- The coronavirus pandemic may drive enhancement of automation, digitalization, and artificial intelligence (AI) in the automobile sector in post COVID era to improve resilience to future pandemics.
- In a situation like this, automation and robotics could reduce dependence on human labor and increase productivity, preventing the chances of future plant shutdowns. In addition to this, IoT, AI, and digitalization will become extremely relevant going forward and are going to define the new way of working. This lockdown provides us an opportunity to adopt these new trends, thus increasing the opportunities for the Video servers market in the upcoming years.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Surge in usage of video streaming in communication and entertainment systems that consist of streaming media such as video teleconference applications and telephony is driving the growth of video server market. Increasing use of smartphones has allowed real-time video display to become easy and inexpensive boosting the growth of video server market. Increasing advancement in next-generation broadcast services is driving the video server market. Various factors affecting the growth of the video server software market include the capability of the software to deal with content as digital files bring significant benefits in reducing the time to air and empowering content to be processed several times by diverse production teams. Increasing adoption of video server by organizations due to flexible adaptation to lower operating expense market demands, ease of service, effective use of bandwidth, and wider application is driving the video server market. However, factors such as errors in the software and high cost are restraining the growth of video server software market. Contrarily, increasing invested by manufacturers and broadcasters in video server software is projected to provide attractive expansion opportunities to the video server market in the forecasted years.
Increasing adoption of video server by operators
Video streaming server technology can accelerate the delivery of video content through a process called HTTP caching, where the content is temporarily stored on multiple servers throughout a content distribution network (CDN). When a user requests the content, the request is transferred to the closest CDN server with the cached content stored. The server then delivers the cached content to the user's device. Sending the cached content is faster than delivering it from the originating server, because the journey is shorter therefore, increasing video server demand in operators’ market.
Technological advancements in video server protocol
Protocol development include the real-time protocol (RTP), real time streaming protocol (RTSP) and real time transport control protocol (RTCP). The new protocols work with online protocol and also help balance the load on the video stream servers in peak times of usage. If there are too many users on the servers accessing the same files, the protocols delay the stream of some severs in order to accommodate the earlier requests. This process can help reduce latency and bandwidth, boosting overall efficiency of video servers.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global video servers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global video servers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global video servers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global video servers market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Video Servers Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Arris International Limited, Grass Valley Canada, Cisco System Inc, Edgeware, Avid, EVS Broadcast Equipment SA, Anevia, Concurrent Technologies Corporation, Harmonic Inc, Enghouse Network