A virtual evolved packet core (vEPC) is a framework for mobile networks' voice and data processing and switching that is implemented by network functions virtualization (NFV), which virtualizes functions of an evolved packet core (EPC). The vEPC framework has been in use for 4G LTE mobile networks and is expected to a key part of upcoming 5G network architecture, which increases its demand in the market. By virtualizing evolved packet core (EPC) functionality, mobile providers can theoretically customize networks to meet unique requirements of individual customers, by mixing and matching individual network components as needed. vEPC can also lower capital expenditure and operating expenditure by reducing reliance on specialized hardware, while speeding up service delivery and responding to real-time network conditions and user needs.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- COVID-19 and actions taken by governments to slow down the spread are making service delivery and operations of supply chains harder, owing to lockdowns and travel restrictions in many countries, which is affecting operators.
- There is a significant increase in traffic in both wireless and wireline networks. However, with prolonged time spent in homes in the lockdown period, wireline networks play an increasingly important role .
- Ericsson has been selected by Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL) to deploy its cloud packet core to enhance its existing core network. VIL would benefit from Ericsson’s market leading core network applications and network functions such as its virtual evolved packet gateway (vEPG), service aware policy controller (vSAPC) and virtualization infrastructure (NFVi) solution enabling fast introduction of new services providing full-service continuity.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Rise in adoption of LTE mobile network as well as rapid growth in adoption of smartphones is the major factor that drives the virtual packet core deployment market. Moreover, growth in need for increased bandwidth to run mobile networks has made telecommunication operators search for more cost-effective solutions, which can reduce OpEx and CapEx in organizations drives growth of the virtual packet core deployment market. With growth in network infrastructure across the globe, the virtual packet core deployment market is also on the rise. However, reluctancy in transiting from transitional infrastructure to virtualized infrastructure hinders growth of the virtual packet core deployment market. Contrarily, emergence of internet of things, 5G technology, and machine to machine act as opportunistic factor for the virtual packet core deployment market.
Increase in trend of 5G technology
As organizations look for new ways to lower costs, accelerate time-to-market for differentiated services, expand business productivity and collaboration applications, and prepare their networks for the 5G era, they are working on agility, scalability, and cost advantages of cloud in conjunction with new network technologies such as virtual pocket core deployment platform, so that organizations can automate and accelerate delivery of innovative services to drive new opportunities for business growth, revenue potential, and productivity enhancement while introducing 5G technology.
Recent developments in the virtual packet core deployment market
Growth in network infrastructure across the globe encourages technological advancements and developments in the virtual packet core deployment market. For instance, Alcatel-Lucent virtualized Evolved Packet Core (vEPC) is a set of software products and licenses that virtualizes all network functions of the mobile packet core, as described in the following sections. vEPC is a new deployment option that is offered for Alcatel-Lucent IP Mobile Core solution. It uses same field-proven application software from each of its products in solutions and is identical to the IP Mobile Core, which supports converged 2G/3G/LTE and Wi-Fi networks. This functionality gives mobile network operators the ability to seamlessly interoperate the IP Mobile Core vEPC and the physical packet core network functions.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global virtual packet core deployment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global virtual packet core deployment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global virtual packet core deployment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the virtual packet core deployment market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the virtual packet core deployment market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the virtual packet core deployment market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Virtual Packet Core Deployment Market Report Highlights
By Deployment mode
Key Market Players
Affirmed Networks Inc., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Mavenir, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., NEC Corporation, ZTE Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Samsung Group, Nokia Corporation, Athonet S.R.L.