Virtual reality in gaming is the term that is used to describe the new generation of computer gaming with virtual reality technology that provides gamers a first-person view of gaming action. Gamers are experiencing and influencing the gaming environment through a variety of VR devices and accessories including VR headsets, sensor-equipped gloves, controllers, and others. These virtual elements are placed in the gamers real world as seen with the help of a headset or camera. VR gaming control involves a regular keyboard and mouse, game controllers or motion capture devices. More sophisticated virtual reality equipments includes treadmill floors or similar techniques in order to enhance the freedom of movement and feelings of engagement inside the virtual environment.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID 19 pandemic has an adverse effect on the global economies all around the world. The businesses have faced numerous challenges in continuing their operations and have to bear the financial losses. Throughout the COVID 19 pandemic, the manufacturing and production unit operations have been put at a halt which generated disruption in the supply chain. However, the virtual reality in gaming market was able to maintain stable growth owing to the increased demand of latest virtual reality equipments during the pandemic.
- During the lockdown, people have inclined towards the indoor gaming activities and adopted the virtual gaming devices, resulting to the increase in the growth of the virtual gaming market. The rapid growth in the demand for virtual reality devices is likely to drive the growth of the virtual reality in gaming market in the next few years.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The increase in acceptance of connected devices such as smart televisions, smart projector, smart monitor, smartphones, and others in gaming and rise in the utilization of three-dimensional real-time environment with advanced graphics and sound technology are the factors driving the growth of the virtual reality in gaming market. In addition, the modern innovations in the virtual reality devices to enhance the viewing experience drives the growth of the market. However, high cost of the gaming headsets and variations in the quality of visual effects are the factors hampering the market growth. Furthermore, the adoption of virtual reality headsets equipped with advanced features of graphics and sound technology, with sensors, glasses, gloves, and head-mounted displays and increasing disposable income of the people are the factors providing lucrative opportunities to the growth of virtual reality in gaming market in the forecasted period.
The market trends for virtual reality in gaming market are as follows:
Cloud gaming to drive the adoption of virtual reality in gaming:
The adoption of cloud gaming is expected to drive the adoption of virtual reality headsets in the gaming sector. This adoption will help to provide the gamers or users with enhanced gaming experience and enable them to personalize their gaming collection and store their games for instant access. Due to this, the implementation of cloud gaming is regarded as one of the evolving developments for this market. Additionally, virtual reality games based upon the cloud offers features including unlimited storage capacity, live streaming, helps in linking connected device, and others. Furthermore, the cloud-based gaming is helping in reduce the demand for costly offline gaming drives.
Increased demand of advanced gaming consoles drives the market growth:
Increase in the demand for advanced gaming consoles facilitated with latest technologies such as augmented reality, internet of things, high resolution video quality, three-dimensional visuals, cloud streaming, and others drives the growth of the market. In addition, the growing demand for virtual reality accessories such as motion detecting devices, head-mounted displays, gloves, masks, headphones, and others are expected to boost the market growth. The latest gaming consoles and accessories are fitted with advanced wireless technologies, such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for providing better gaming experience. With an increase in the acceptance of optical gaming devices such as optical trackers, mechanical trackers, and 3D input devices the virtual reality in gaming market is projected to grow during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents analytical depiction of the virtual reality in gaming market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
Questions answered in the virtual reality in gaming market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in virtual reality in gaming market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on virtual reality in gaming market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years??
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the virtual reality in gaming market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Virtual Reality in Gaming Market Report Highlights
By Age group
Key Market Players
Kaneva LLC,, Electronic Arts Inc.,, Facebook Inc.,, FOVE Inc.,, Alphabet Inc.,, Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.,, HTC Corporation,, ZEISS International,, Sony Corporation,