Virtualized Evolved Packet Core Market Statistics: 2027
A Virtual Evolved Packet Core (vEPC) is a framework for mobile network voice and data processing and switching that is implemented by Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), which virtualizes functions of an Evolved Packet Core (EPC). The vEPC framework has been in use for 4G LTE mobile networks and would also form a key part of upcoming 5G network architecture. By vEPC functionality, mobile providers can theoretically customize networks to meet unique requirements of individual customers, bymixing and matching individual network components as needed.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
1.The emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected almost all industries across the world. Further, lockdown enforcements and restrictions on movements of non-essential goods as well as resources in various countries has disrupted supply chain of electronic components & networking equipment. Thus, this has led to delay in supply of electronic components required in manufacturing of network equipment.
2.South Korea’s tech giant Samsung Electronics expects to see a slowdown in 5G investments in the second quarter of the year due to negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is possible that investments in 5G networks would be reduced or delayed domestically and internationally as more effects of COVID-19 unfold, which will, in turn, impact negatively on the vrtualized evolved packet core market growth.
3. The availability of spectrum is a scarce but critically important asset for the telecom. There might be regions where availability of spectrum is more attractive, but there are certainly many where telecoms are searching for more. Moreover, owing to the auctions of spectrums being postponed due to the on-going challenges presented by the coronavirus, telecom might have no option but to delay launch of some services, which would postpone investments in the vrtualized evolved packet core market as well.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Rise in number of LTE subscribers, ongoing development of 5G infrastructure, growth inneed toprovide better customer service, and rise in focus on measuringservice quality and performance drives growth of this vrtualized evolved packet core market. However, reluctance in transiting from legacy infrastructure to virtualization and competition with traditional infrastructure act as a hindrance to growth of this market. Furthermore, rise in penetration of Internet of things (IoT) and machine to machine communication devices provides numerous opportunities for the vrtualized evolved packet core market.
Reluctance in transiting from legacy infrastructure to virtualization:
One of the major challengesthat organizations currently face is transition from legacy infrastructure or traditional infrastructure to switch over virtualization. Most organizations still lack awareness and resources to shift toward virtualization, which acts as a restrain for the market growth. In addition, shift toward virtualization requires a significant amount of cost, which is expected to act as a restraint for the vrtualized evolved packet core market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global virtualized evolved packet core marketalong with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis ofglobal virtualized evolved packet core market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global virtualized evolved packet core marketgrowth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailedvirtualized evolved packet core marketanalysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years. What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Virtualized Evolved Packet Core Market Report Highlights
By Deployment Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Samsung Electronics Ltd., Huawei Technologies Ltd., Cisco Systems Inc., Mavenir, NEC Corporation, ZTE Corporation, Red Hat Inc., Affirmed Solutions Inc., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Nokia Corporation