Viruses are small infectious agents or particles that are undesired, especially in pharmaceuticals industry, which need to be removed for drug sterility. Filtration is the removal of viruses, with advantages such as easy operability and minimal damage to the products. Recent examples of virus contamination, for instance, hepatitis A form contaminated Factor VIII have gained attention towards virus removal. Virus filtration is generally performed at the end of the purification step of any process. Virus filters act as a protecting medium or barrier for bioreactors by filtering buffer solutions and media. The growth of pharmaceuticals industries and helping hands of government towards these pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industries plays important role in growth of virus filtration market.
Factors driving the world virus filtration market are the rise in R&D expenditure, increase in therapeutics contamination by viruses, adoption of single-use technologies, and government support. However, highly consolidated market and stringent regulations for filtration product validation restraint the market growth. Developing economies and pharmaceuticals outsourcing are indicative of growth opportunities for this market.
The report segments the market by product, end user, application, and geography. On the basis of product, it is classified into virus filtration systems, kits & reagents, services, and others. In terms of end user, it is categorized into contract research organizations, medical devices companies, research institutes, and pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies. On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into medical devices, water purification, air purification, and biologicals. Biologicals are further divided into blood & blood products, tissue & tissue products, vaccines & therapeutics, cellular & gene therapy, and stem cell products. Geographically, the market is analyzed across Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Leading players such as Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB) launched Virosart Media in July 2016; this virus filter product offers a check for virus contamination and with this the company has expanded its product portfolio. Moreover, companies such as WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. focus on R&D for the development of various products in virus filtration market by seeking government support and high investment.
Key market players operating in this market are WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Sartorius AG, Charles River Laboratories International, Inc., and Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations, which assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Geographically, the virus filtration market is analyzed based on various regions to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global virus filtration market is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments is provided with key market dynamic factors that facilitate in understanding the market behavior.
- Key players are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to comprehend the competitive outlook of the global virus filtration products.
Virus Filtration Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Sartorius AG, WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc., Charles River Laboratories International, Inc., Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation