Visual Inspection Devices Market Outlook - 2026
Visual inspection is an analysis technique used in science and technology industry to evaluate the properties of a material, component, or system without causing damage. As quality is related to customer satisfactory and its interchangeability it is one of the most important factors. Inspection is carried out to confirm quality of the product to a set of requirements and its standards.
The method for determining quality is divided into post-process inspection and in-line process or real time inspection. Post-process inspection executes measurement after part has been produced. In the traditional approach, human or experts perform measurement using conventional instruments such as rules, calipers, and micrometers. In contrast, real-time inspection performs the measurement while the part being produced on line production.
The system integrates lighting system, acquisition devices or camera, computer, image processing software, and handling equipment. The camera captures images under suitable lighting condition. Then, the image enters the software to be analyzed and processed. Most of typical cameras are sensitive to the environment; therefore, it is necessary to control the lighting condition. The lighting condition can be controlled using dimmer control based on the requirement of product being observed. The image processing software consists of the following steps:
1. Preprocessing – This step removes noises and enhance the contrast of the image.
2. Edge detection – This step divides the images into regions of interest.
3. Feature extraction – In order to analyze the image, it is broken into group of pixels to create feature vector.
4. Feature analysis – This step is aimed to perform further analysis and measurements of feature vector
5. The result of image processing stages then enters the artificial intelligent module for object classification whether a part matches the requirement and its standard or not.
If the part does not fit the quality, the output from this module will trigger the handling equipment to dissociate the part from production line simulation. Increase in stringent safety government regulations across different geographic regions due to increase in incidences of infrastructural failures drives the visual inspection devices market growth. In addition, continuous advances in electronics, automation, and robotics are expected to drive the growth of the market. However, high cost of equipment and lack of skilled technicians are the factors that are anticipated to hinder the market growth.
The significant impacting factors for the growth of the visual inspection devices market include increase in stringent safety government regulations across different geographic regions due to increase in incidences of infrastructural failures and continuous advances in electronics, automation, and robotics. In addition, the restraining factors by which the market is influenced include high cost of equipment and lack of skilled technicians. Each of these factors is anticipated to have a definite impact on the visual inspection devices market during the forecast period.
The visual inspection devices market is segmented based on product type, application and region. Based on product type, the market is bifurcated into non-destructive testing and remote visual inspection. Based on application, it is categorized into machinery & equipment, automotive, electronics, medical devices, and other. Based on region, the market is analyzed across Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, and LAMEA.
The major companies profiled in the visual inspection devices market share include PCE Instruments, OPTIM LLC, Lenox Instrument Co., Trilion Quality Systems, Mitutoyo America Corporation, Titan Tool Supply Inc., KEYENCE CORP, DeltaTrak Inc., USA Borescopes, Ashtead Technology, and others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This study comprises analytical depiction of the visual inspection devices market trends with current trends and future estimations to depict the imminent investment pockets.
- The overall potential is determined to understand the profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the visual inspection devices industry.
- The visual inspection devices market analysis report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- The current visual inspection devices market forecast is quantitatively analyzed from 2019 to 2026 to benchmark the financial competency.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers in the industry.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Product Type
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Remote Visual Inspection
- Machinery & Equipment
- Medical Devices
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
KEY MARKET PLAYERS PROFILED
- SKF AB
- Emerson Electric Co.
- General Electric
- Meggitt PLC
- National Instruments Corp.
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
- Bruel & Kiaer Sound & Vibration Measurement A/S
- Analog Devices Inc.