Vitamin A is also known as retinol, which is a fat-soluble vitamin used for ophthalmic disorders such as cataract, myopia, hypermetropia, presbyopia, night blindness, and retinitis pigmentosa. In addition, vitamin A has several therapeutical applications such as anti-oxidants, strengthens the immune system, reduces the risk of cancer, and helps with bone formation.
The vitamin A market is experiencing growth due to the expansion and emergence of the food & beverages sector. In addition, factors such as increase in geriatric population, healthcare expenditure, incidence of ophthalmic diseases, and healthcare awareness fuel the growth of the market. However, government regulations related to the approval of pharmaceutical products hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities are anticipated to present new growth opportunities.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end user, and region. By type, the market is divided into feed grade vitamin A, food grade vitamin A, and pharmaceutical grade vitamin A. Based on application, the market is categorized into functional food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, and animal feed. Based on end user, the market is categorized into children, adults, and pregnant women. By region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global vitamin A market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Vitamin A Market Key Segments:
- Feed Grade Vitamin A
- Food Grade Vitamin A
- Pharmaceutical Grade Vitamin A
- Functional Food and Beverages
- Animal Feed
By End User
- Pregnant Women
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- BASF SE
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Zhejiang Medicine Co. Ltd
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Integrated Biopharma, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Pharmavite LLC
- Nutraceutical Corporation, and Herbalife International, Inc.