Vitamin D plays a vital role to control the calcium and phosphate levels in the body. It also helps maintain the cell cycle, fetus development, prevention of neuromuscular disorders, and bone disorders. The deficiency of vitamin D leads to rickets, osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, cognitive disorders, cancer, autoimmune diseases, and asthma.
Increase in prevalence of vitamin D deficiency due to the lack of exposure to sunlight, low intake of vitamin D diet, poor absorption of food, liver or kidney diseases, and certain drugs such as phenytoin, rifampin, and phenobarbital majorly drives the market growth. In addition, rise in the prevalence of orthopedic diseases, cognitive disorders, cancer, and asthma fuels the growth of the market.
Furthermore, increase in investment and awareness by government and private organizations and cost-efficient vitamin D deficiency test is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period. However, decline rate of reimbursement and stringent government regulations associated with the sales of vitamin D deficiency is anticipated to hinder the growth of the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of vitamin type, application, end user, and geography. Based on the vitamin type, it is bifurcated into vitamin D3 and D2. Based on the application, it is classified into functional food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, animal feed & pet food, and personal care.
Based on end users, the vitamin D testing market is divided into pediatrics, adults, geriatrics, and pregnant women. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global vitamin D testing sales market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Vitamin D Testing Sales Market Key Segments:
By Vitamin Type
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin D3
- Functional Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed & Pet Food
- Personal Care
By End User
- Pregnant Women
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- BioMrieux Inc
- Abbott Laboratories Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Biokit S.A.
- The Vitamin D Company
- Tosoh Bioscience