Vitrectomy is a surgical procedure employed to remove vitreous gel from the eye. It is carried out when there is retinal detachment with vitreous hemorrhage. In addition, it is for various repairs such as removal of scar tissue and treatment for small holes or tear in the macula.
The growth of the global vitrectomy devices market is driven by increase in percentage of geriatric population and technological advancements in surgical equipment. Utilization of minimally invasive surgical equipment and rise in awareness towards cost-effective surgical procedures among common populace is expected to propel the growth of the market. However, lack of effective healthcare services and slow penetration of healthcare technology in developing region hinder growth of this market.
The report segments the vitrectomy devices market on the basis of product, application, and geography. Based on product, the market is segmented into vitrectomy packs, vitrectomy machines, microscopic illumination equipment, surgical instruments, and others. Applications covered in the study include diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, epiretinal membrane, and macular hole, and others (eye infections and eye injuries). Geographical breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and subsegment of the market.
Advancements in vitrectomy devices and development of comprehensive product are anticipated to supplement the market growth. For instance, in July 2017 Bausch & Lomb Incorporated launched a new hypersonic liquefaction vitrectomy system, Vitesse PPVX (Bausch + Lomb), which offers several advantages, such as single needle system and smaller gauges, over currently available vitrectomy technologies. This device received FDA approval in April 2017.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Optos PLC, Lumenis Ltd., Topcon Corporation, NIDEK CO., LTD., Leica Microsystems GmbH, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Alcon, Inc., IRIDEX Corporation, Synergetics, Inc., and Bausch & Lomb Incorporated are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Global Vitrectomy Devices Market Key Segments:
- Vitrectomy Packs
- Vitrectomy Machines
- Microscopic Illumination Equipment
- Surgical Instruments
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Epiretinal Membrane
- Macular Hole
- Others (Eye Infections and Eye Injuries)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA