Vitreous Tamponades are postoperative tools used in retinal detachment vitrectomy procedures. Retinal detachment is very serious medical complication and if not treated on time, can lead to permanent loss of vision. In the United States about 6% of population is estimated to suffer from retinal breaks, with annual incidences of 1 in 10,000. Vitrectomy is a surgical technique used in the correction of retinal detachment, which involves the removal of small amounts of vitreous gel from the human eye. At the end of vitrectomy, tamponades are injected into the eye to hold the retina in place and help in healing process. There is unmet market need for safe and technologically superior devices. The current viterectomy procedures are complicated and associated with adverse events such as cataract, glaucoma and recurrence of retinal detachment; making viterectomy a less invasive and a considerably successful procedure, would be a key challenge for market players. The key factors driving the vitreous tamponades market are; rising incidences of ophthalmic diseases, higher prevalence of diabetes and a global rise in the count of geriatric population, as old age and diabetes patients are at a higher risk of developing retinal diseases. However, the high cost of treatment, lack of expertise, a stringent regulatory requirement and an ambiguous reimbursement scenario are likely to restrict the market growth.
The global vitreous tamponades market is segmented on the basis of type and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into; Gaseous Tamponades such as Sulphur Hexafluoride (SF6), Hexafluoroethane (C2F6) and Octafluoropropane (C3F8); Liquid Tamponades such as Silicone Oil, Perfluorocarbons and Other accessories. Geographically, the market is segmented across four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Mergers and acquisitions are some of the key strategies adopted by leading industry players. For instance, in the year 2011, Novartis acquired Alcon incorporated, a global leader in eye care. The companies profiled in the report include, Alcon, Inc., AL.CHI.MI.A. Srl, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, CROMA-PHARMA GmbH, Fluoron GmbH, and D.O.R.C. Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center (International) B.V.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global vitreous tamponades market is provided
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014‐2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- Exhaustive analysis of the global vitreous tamponades market by type helps in understanding the types of devices that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Region-wise vitreous tamponades market scenario is comprehensively analyzed in the report
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across the geographies
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
The global Vitreous Tamponades market is segmented below:
Vitreous Tamponades Market ‐ By Type
- Gaseous Tamponades
- Sulphur Hexafluoride (SF6)
- Hexafluoroethane (C2F6)
- Octafluoropropane (C3F8)
- Liquid Tamponades
- Silicone Oil
- Other accessories
Vitreous Tamponades Market ‐ By Geography
- North America