Von hippel-lindau is an autosomal disorder that can produce malignant tumors because of the mutation in the von hippel-lindau gene. It is one of the risk factors that can cause cancer. It is transmitted genetically in both females and males equally. A patient who underwent von hippel-lindau disease may also undergo cysts and tumors. Tumor can occur in ten distinct parts of the body which involve the eyes, brain, liver, kidney, inner ears, reproductive tract, pancreas, spine, lung, and adrenal glands. Even in the same family, the disease is different in every patient. Hence it is very challenging to predict when and how the von hippel-lindau disease will present in the individual.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the von hippel-lindau market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in need for superior therapies, rise in awareness regarding cancer, and surge in number of tumor surgeries are factors that drive the growth of the von hippel-lindau market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure for cancer research; rapid progress in molecular diagnostics, availability of skilled professionals; rise in R&D activities to facilitate drug development; are some factors, which boost the market growth for von hippel-lindau.
- However, the extended clinical trial duration for future drugs and the non-availability of existing drug candidates to treat the syndrome may hinder the von hippel-lindau market growth.
Von Hippel-Lindau Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
The pharmaceutical giants are engaged in research and development to provide an advanced diagnosis.
Cellectar Biosciences Inc. is currently working on its CLR 131 small-molecule pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDC) to render targeted delivery of iodine-131 direct to cancer cells while restricting exposure to healthy cells. This candidate is meant to cure several types of pediatric cancers and is anticipated to address patients inheriting the von hippel-lindau gene in the future.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the von hippel-lindau industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the von hippel-lindau market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the von hippel-lindau market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the von hippel-lindau market.
- The report provides a detailed von hippel-lindau market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the von hippel-lindau Report
- Which are the leading players active in the von hippel-lindau market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the von hippel-lindau market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Von hippel-lindau"?
- What is "Von hippel-lindau" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Von hippel-lindau" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Von hippel-lindau" Market report?
Von Hippel-Lindau Market Report Highlights
By Tumor Site
By End User
Key Market Players
Advantagene, Inc,, Cellectar Biosciences, Inc., Astellas US Holding, Inc., Novartis AG, Merck KGaA, DNAtrix, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Bedford Laboratories, Burzynski Research Institute, Inc., Direct Therapeutics, Inc.