Semiconductor wafer fabrication is defined as process for production of photonic and electrical circuits, which include LEDs, Radio Frequency Amplifiers (RFA), and optical computer components. Wafer fabrication helps in building components with required electrical structures. Wafer fabrication process is conducted for processing raw wafers to finished chips (discrete or integrated circuits). Traditional wafer fabrication process involves individual steps for resistors, transistors, conductors, and other electronic components processing on the semiconductor wafer. Semiconductor equipment plays a vital role in integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing, located in fab, a manufacturing facility. Thus, semiconductor wafer fabrication is used to create circuits, which are used in electronic and electrical devices.
Growth in demand from consumer electronics industry and increase in technological advancements in telecom and semiconductor sector are expected to contribute to the growth of the wafer fab equipment market. However, factors such as requirement of very specific raw materials, state-of-art machinery requirement, and huge investment restraint the growth of the market.
The market for wafer fab equipment is segmented into node size, end-user, and geography. By node size, it is classified into 7 nm and below, 10 nm, 14 nm, 22 nm, 32 nm, 45 nm, and 65 nm and above. By end user, it is divided into foundry, memory, and integrated device manufacturer (IDM). By geography, it is analyzed across North-America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players mentioned in the report are Applied Materials, Inc., ASML, Dainippon Screen Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Hitachi Kokusai Electronic Inc., KLA-Tencor Corporation, Lam Research Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., Nikon Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, and Tokyo Electron Limited.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics of the global wafer fab equipment market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by node size helps understand the technologies that are currently used along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies as well as among the players.
Wafer Fab Equipment Market Key Segmentation:
By Node Size
- 7 nm and below
- 10 nm
- 14 nm
- 22 nm
- 32 nm
- 45 nm
- 65 nm and above
By Fabrication Process
- Front-end-of-line Processing
- Back-end-of-line Processing
- Integrated Device Manufacturer (IDM)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Applied Materials, Inc
- Dainippon Screen Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi Kokusai Electronic Inc
- KLA-Tencor Corporation
- Lam Research Corporation
- Motorola Solutions, Inc
- Nikon Corporation
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited
- Tokyo Electron Limited