Wall beds, also known as pull-down or fold-down beds, may be hung horizontally or vertically on the wall. Murphy beds are supported by frames composed of materials such as wood and steel. These beds are becoming increasingly popular as a result of their space-saving function, which allows a bedroom to double as a living area. The growth of the wall bed industry is being fueled by an increase in the use of beds and the purchase of studio flats throughout the world. The increase in the pace of building motels, lodges, and hotels is a deciding element in the market's growth. The ability to change mattresses adds a potential component to home décor. Wall beds may be changed to offer more space, allowing other furniture and furnishings to be used. In the forecasted years, these factors will drive market expansion. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for wall beds has decreased as consumers had no requirement for wall beds.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Market Size Available for Years
Base Year Considered
Bed Type, Material, Size, Operation, Application, Distribution Channel, and Region
Wilding Wallbeds, Inc., Murphy Wall Beds Hardware Inc., SICO Inc., FlyingBeds International, Inc., The London Wallbed Company, Co., The Bedder Way Co., Bestar Inc, Twin Cities Closet Company, Inc., B.O.F.F. Wall Beds, LLC., and Wall Beds Manufacturing Ltd.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the supply and distribution system had interrupted countries to apply a lockdown. The shift in operations and seller's actions affected output. Hypermarkets and convenience stores have been closed, resulting in a gap in demand and supply.
- With restricted work availability, a renewed supply of raw material and a logistic difficulty, the production process for wall beds have become an obstacle for enterprises.
- The customer with a high disposable income and a high interest in high-quality wall beds turned their interest into necessary comforts to support the survival of the lockdown era. Day-to-day food goods and medicinal products replaced the individual need for luxury wall beds.
Top Impacting Factors
- The need for wall beds is fueled by the increasing growth of buildings, whether mobile or commercial and a gradual change in taste for imported high-end furniture. The aim is to encourage business development in the healthcare industry through higher investments.
- High manufacturing expenses might hinder the expansion of the sector. Changes to labour legislation and limited access to skilled workers resulted in higher pay and higher production costs. Wood fuel also depends heavily on changing housing trends, which influence the total growth of the industry. A limitation of supply owing to lack of trained employees affects the increased need for wall beds.
- Rapid economic expansion, increased disposable income, and restricted access to land will give several chances for the growing wall bed sector. In addition, there has been significant growth in demand for wooden wall beds due to increasing living standards and the economic conditions of the consumers.
Increasing population and decreasing space in households are giving rise to the demand for wall beds
The worldwide wall bed market has been propelled by the rising population and the expanding notion of nuclear households. As the population shifts from rural to urban regions, room sizes shrink, necessitating the use of wall beds. Another reason that boosts the use of wall beds is the rise in studio apartment buildings. Studio apartment dwellers are limited in terms of space and storage. Wall beds make it possible to transform a living area into a bedroom or vice versa. As a result, there is greater room space within a room. Another factor driving up demand for these products is home décor. House furnishing businesses utilize wall beds to create invisible beds in the room. Wall beds come in two sizes: short and wide. Smaller wall beds are favored by youngsters, whereas larger wall beds are chosen by adults.
New Innovation in Product to Flourish the Market
Manufacturers are developing innovative wall beds to attract clients and improve sales. Wall beds with cupboards for additional storage are now popular in the market. Storage cabinets take up an additional area in the room; therefore they're put to the wall bed to free up space. The wall bed's operating system is heavily reliant on technology. In everyday goods, advanced technology is the norm. Technology is also used to operate wall beds. There are automatic wall beds on the market that are controlled by a remote. Wall-mounted controls and Android devices may also be used to control these wall beds. Hydraulic systems assist in the folding and unfolding of automatic wall beds.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the wall bed industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the wall bed market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the growth scenario of the wall bed market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed wall bed market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Wall Bed Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the wall bed market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Wall Bed Market Report Highlights
By Bed Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Wall Beds Manufacturing Ltd., Murphy Wall Beds Hardware Inc.,, Bestar Inc,, The Bedder Way Co.,, B.O.F.F. Wall Beds, LLC.,, Wilding Wallbeds, Inc.,, SICO Inc.,, Twin Cities Closet Company, Inc.,, The London Wallbed Company, Co.,, FlyingBeds International, Inc.,