Waste To Energy Market Overview:
Global Waste To Energy Market was valued at $32,567 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $54,179 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 7.6% from 2017 to 2023. Waste to energy is the process of energy generation from the primary treatment of waste. Waste to energy produce electricity or heat directly by combustion. It also produces combustible fuel commodities such as methanol, methane, synthetic fuels or ethanol.
The global waste to energy market is segmented based on technology, and geography. Based on technology, it is divided into thermal and biological. Thermal segment is further classified into incineration, pyrolysis and gasification. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Waste to Energy Industry Segmentation
The thermal segment dominated the global market in 2016, and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period, growing at a CAGR of 7.5%. Since ease in the process of combustion through thermal technology as well as increasing developments in gasification and incineration technologies are some major factors driving the global waste to energy market. In addition, support from the governments of various economies to promote biological technology further drives the market growth.
Waste to Energy Market Share, by Thermal Technology, 2016 (%)
Europe accounted for highest share of the total revenue in 2016, followed by Asia-Pacific and North America. The developing countries in Europe are anticipated to register steady growth rate, owing to increase in growth of the overall economy. Moreover, rise in investments by key manufacturers is another key aspect that fuels the market growth.
Spain Waste to Energy Market Value, 2016-2023 ($Million)
Key players have economically invested heavily in R&D activities to develop advanced products to cater to the requirements of the market. These players operating in the industry include Waste Management Inc., Suez Environment S.A., C&G Environmental Protection Holdings, Constructions industrielles de la Méditerranée (CNIM), China Everbright International Limited, Covanta Energy Corporation, Foster Wheeler A.G., Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC, Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc., and Veolia Environment.
The other players in the value chain (profiles not included in the report) include Wheelabrator, Hitachi Zosen, Keppel Seghers, China Everbright International, Xcel Energy, Plasco Energy and Green Conversion Systems among others.
- The report provides extensive qualitative & quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations of the global waste to energy market from 2016 to 2023 to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- It offers comprehensive analysis of key regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA, to understand the regional trends.
- In-depth analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers key insights on strategic analysis of various companies and the value chain analysis of waste to energy.
Waste to Energy Market Key Segments:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA