A water bath is a piece of scientific equipment that may be used to incubate delicate samples that can't be ignited or maintained indirect dry heat, execute high-temperature chemical reactions, melt substrates, and warm reagents. A water bath is made up of a heating unit, a control interface, and a stainless-steel container that holds the water and samples. Different varieties of water baths are now available on the market, with temperature control interfaces that are either digital or analogue. Other characteristics of these water baths include the capacity to keep the samples moving as they are heated and the ability to maintain a constant temperature. Water baths are used for corrosion testing, cooling or heating lab equipment, hybridization, bacterial culturing, solubility testing, crude oil analysis. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for water baths has decreased as due to the ongoing lockdown enforced by the government the operations in different industries had to face a temporary halt.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had been disrupted. The shifting of activities in operations and vendor operations impacted the production of water bath equipment. Distributors and online stores could not allocate the required equipment ordered by the companies.
- The water bath industry was negatively affected by the outbreak of the COVID-19. All existing industries were obliged to temporarily halt operations to prevent the virus from spreading, and employees were ordered to stay at home. As a result, there was less demand for water bath equipment on the market, and sales decreased.
Top Impacting Factors
- Food testing laboratories are increasingly using water baths in addition to pH meters, gas chromatographs, water activity meters, and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) equipment to assure and maintain the quality of packaged, processed, and fast food products. This tendency can be attributed to governments and food regulatory bodies in numerous nations enacting strict rules. Furthermore, they have applications in protein engineering and molecular biology, bolstering the market's growth. In addition, businesses are spending on research and development to broaden their consumer base and incorporate innovative technology into their products. Furthermore, the expanding e-commerce business is assisting producers in making total product distribution to new locations more convenient.
- When temperature constancy and homogeneity are important, such as in serologic and enzymatic investigations, circulating water baths (also known as stirrers) are suitable. When water is circulated systematically throughout the bath, temperature homogeneity is achieved. This form of a water bath is less exact in temperature control and is used to achieve temperatures that normal water baths cannot reach, such as in marine biology. The most popular type of water bath is one that circulates.
Innovation and development in water bath equipment to flourish the market and gain sales
Water baths featuring digital displays, low-level water sensors, inbuilt drains, and chambers that enable complete sight of the bath contents are being introduced by major manufacturers. These characteristics make research and development (R&D) tasks, as well as conducting tests and experiments, much easier and more convenient. Furthermore, product development firms have created water baths with sophisticated features, which is positively impacting the growth of the water bath market. Thermo Fisher Scientific, for example, has introduced a microprocessor-controlled water bath that offers improved temperature consistency for certain applications. It also features a seamless stainless steel internal chamber and an epoxy-coated exterior for corrosion and chemical protection.
Increase demand for beads baths is expected to hamper the growth of the water bath market
The growing popularity of bead baths is expected to stifle the global water bath market's growth shortly. In the bead bath, dry thermos metallic beads substitute water to enhance efficiency and prevent microbiological development. Another issue limiting the worldwide water bath market's growth is the fact that water baths cannot be utilized with pyrophobic or moisture-sensitive reactions. A water bath should only be filled with purified water to avoid salts from accumulating on the heater. The essential steps are the inclusion of disinfectants to inhibit germ development and elevating the temperature of water over 90 degrees Celsius for water bath decontamination.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the water bath industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the water bath market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the water bath market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed water bath market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Water Bath Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the water bath market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Water Bath Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
VWR, Grant Instruments, Corning, Poly Science, Panasonic, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Benchmark Scientific, Fisher Scientific, Sheldon Manufacturing, Labnet