The global water contamination checking instrument market is experiencing a significant growth and will grow considerably in next few years. The UNEP defines wastewater as any water that has been adversely affected by anthropogenic influence and liquid waste discharged by domestic residences, commercial properties, industry, and/or agriculture and can encompass a wide range of potential contaminants and concentrations. The wastewater from residential and commercial buildings as well as various industries are disposed in large water bodies, which degrade the quality of these water bodies. Thus, the need for wastewater treatment equipment to reduce the concentration of contaminants in wastewater to a permissible limit before its disposal in waterbodies is the key driver for the growth of the water contamination checking instrument market throughout the forecast period. The extensive use of water in various industries, alters the properties of water and creates the need for inhouse treatment of water, which further increases the demand for wastewater treatment equipment. The key players have focussed on development of economical wastewater treatment equipment to sustain in this highly competitive market.
The wastewater treatment is briefly divided in to four parts – preliminary, primary, secondary, and tertiary. The wastewater treatment equipment is segmented based on the process they are used in. Simple equipment such as screeners and skimmers are used in the preliminary treatment, while complex equipment such as centrifuges and sludge digesters are used in secondary treatment process. Thus, the wide range of equipment available for various treatments process will ensure the sustainable growth of water contamination checking instrument market .
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the wastewater treatment equipment industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of the water contamination checking instrument market from the past few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 had affected the sales of wastewater treatment equipment in the second quarter of 2020 as the demand witnessed a steep decrease due to restrictions on manufacturing activities. Major players in the paper, oil & gas, and sugar industry decreased their production in the wake of reducing demand because of COVID-19, which has negatively affected the water contamination checking instrument market .
- The decrease in maintenance activities of wastewater treatment plant due to the restrictions laid by the government on the account of COVID-19 has negatively impacted the growth of the water contamination checking instrument market .
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- COVID-19 pandemic has increased the awareness in people regarding the importance of hygiene and disposal of waste; thus, being a positive factor for the growth of the water contamination checking instrument market .
- The exponential rise in the use of disinfectants and other cleaning agents due to COVID-19 pandemic, may influence the downstream biological wastewater treatment facility and the sewer systems and create a requirement for upgradation of wastewater treatment equipment and processes.
Top Impacting Factors
The increase in population and industrialization have exponentially increased the generation of wastewater from domestic and industrial sources; thus, creating a demand for efficient wastewater treatment equipment, and being a key driver in the growth of water contamination checking instrument market . The wastewater from various sources is generally disposed in major water bodies such as oceans, rivers, and lakes, which deteriorates the quality of these water sources. According to WHO, 51% of the total population in India and China does not have access to clean drinking water, which is a major reason for concern, this further highlights the importance of wastewater treatment equipment in maintaining the quality of water sources by reducing the contaminants in wastewater to a permissible limit. Despite the necessity and importance of wastewater treatment equipment, factors such as high initial and operation cost of the equipment and lack of adequate budget for public health in developing nations, prove to be major restraints in the growth of the water contamination checking instrument market . The strict guideline, laid by governments and other international organizations on the effluent treatment of industries will ensure significant rise in the demand for wastewater treatment equipment throughout the forecast period.
- Aqseptence Group, has developed Passavant and Geiger which are a multi-Rake Bar Screen system in October 2020. These were designed as constant-flow screens with an angle of 75°, they provided increased efficiency by reducing the hydraulic losses that occur during the process.
- The key players in the industry are working towards the integration of technology in wastewater treatment solutions. For instance, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC developed Water One services platform, which is a revolutionary digital water management solution that combines Evoqua’s water expertise, proactive service, proven technology and data intelligence.
- Acquisition of specialized companies is another strategery adopted by key industry players to diversify the product portfolio and maintain their global footprint in this highly competitive market.
- Lektratek Water Technology, emphasizes on providing durable equipment and reducing the maintenance and operation costs.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the wastewater treatment equipment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the water contamination checking instrument market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the water contamination checking instrument market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed water contamination checking instrument market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Water Contamination Checking Instrument Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User Industry
By Business Type
Key Market Players
Degremont Group, Xylem Inc, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, HUBER Technology (Pty) Ltd., Ecolab Inc., Hartwell Environmental Corp., Veolia Environment SA, Aqseptence Group GmbH, Lektratek Water Technology, Aquatech International LLC