The global water saving shower heads market is predicted to grow significantly in the next few years. Showers heads are an essential fixture of bathrooms in residential or hospitality buildings. The increasing urbanization has led to an exponential increase in the population density of metropolitan cities globally, and the average domestic consumption of water being 130litres/head/day, overburdens the water distribution network of these cities. As only 3% of the total water available on earth is suitable for human use, portable water is extremely scarce. Therefore, the need of the hour is optimum utilisation of water. These factors act as key driver in the growth of water saving shower heads market. The increasing cost of domestic water in various parts of the world has further increased the demand for water saving shower heads. The major players in the industry are investing a significant number of resources for development of smart shower heads which use minimum amount of water.
A smart shower head uses variety of flow resistors and regulators minimize the consumption of water. The resistors and regulators installed in the shower head, create the same water pressure as a normal shower but reduce the amount of water used, thus giving the same experience as well as saving water. This makes water saving shower heads an attractive product and assures rapid growth of water saving shower heads market throughout the forecast period. The increasing cost of domestic water further, increases the demand for water saving shower heads.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 had affected the sales of water saving shower heads in the second quarter of 2020 as the demand witnessed a steep decline due to restrictions on construction and hospitality sector. Major players in the real estate industry decreased the construction of residential buildings in the wake of reducing demand because of COVID-19.
- The major demand for water saving shower heads was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Canada, China, U.K., Germany, France and India which are negatively affected by the spread of the COVID-19, thereby decreasing the demand for water saving shower heads.
- The decrease in income due to COVID-19, directly affected the spending of masses thus, decreasing the demand for water saving shower heads.
- COVID-19 pandemic also negatively affected the water saving shower head manufacturing units due to the restrictions laid on factory operations. Manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
- Further, potential impact of lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Water saving shower head manufacturers can afford declining sales only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
Top Impacting Factors
An average shower head dispenses water at an approximate flow rate of 10litres/minute, whereas the flow rate of a water saving shower head is approximately between 5.5litres/minute to 8litres/minute, which accounts to 20% to 35% water being saved. This also reduces the water bill of the users, thus being a major driver in the rapid growth of water saving shower heads. Water cuts are a common occurrence in many cities as a result of increased population density, thus water saving shower heads help to make optimum use of the stored water. Decreased water requirement also reduces the size of overhead water tanks, which reduces the construction cost of a building. These factors making shower head a very attractive bathroom fixture even for hotels and resorts, which further increases the demand in water saving shower heads market. The lack of awareness in people about the importance of water and higher cost than normal flow rate shower heads are the major restraints in the growth of water saving shower heads. The governments are promoting the construction of environment friendly and efficient building by imposing water flow rate restrictions, which ensure the significant growth of water saving shower heads market throughout the forecast period.
- AM Conservation Group, offers a wide range of products that are WaterSense certified and provide a perfect blend of luxury and conservation.
- The key players of the industry are taking major steps to promote environment friendly products and processes. For instance, GROHE has committed itself to be one of the first leading sanitary manufacturers to be CO2-neutral
- H2Okinetic technology developed by the Delta Faucet Company dispenses water in a unique wave pattern that gives three times the coverage than a standard shower head.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, has been successful in imposing water usage restrictions, thus rapidly promoting development of water saving shower heads.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the water saving shower head industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the water saving shower head market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the water saving shower head market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed water saving shower head market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the water saving shower head report
- Who are the leading global players in the “Water Saving Shower Heads” Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are “Water Saving Shower Heads”?
- What is “Water Saving Shower Heads” Market prediction in the future?
- What are the challenges faced in the “Water Saving Shower Heads” Market?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the key benefits of the “Water Saving Shower Heads” Market report?
Water Saving Shower Heads Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Shower Head Type
By End-User Industry
By Business Type
Key Market Players
Jaquar, NiagaraGrohe AG, AM Conservation Group, MoenInc., Masco Corporation, Aqualisa Products Limited, Kohler Co., Jacuzzi Inc., Aloys F. Dornbracht GmbH and Co. KG, Hansgrohe