Water Treatment Equipment Market Research, 2032
The global water treatment equipment market was valued at $54.3 billion in 2022, and is projected to reach $93.9 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2023 to 2032.
Report Key Highlighters:
- Quantitative information mentioned in the global water treatment equipment market includes the market numbers in terms of value (USD Million) with respect to different segments, pricing analysis, annual growth rate, CAGR (2023-32), and growth analysis.
- The analysis in the report is provided based on type, and end-use industry. The study will also contain qualitative information such as the market dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities), Porter's Five Force Analysis, key regulations across the region, and value chain analysis.
- A few companies, including Calgon Carbon Corporation, Culligan Water, Ecolab, General Electric, Hydranautics, Pentair, Lenntech B.V., Suez, Veolia, and Xylem, hold a large proportion of the water treatment equipment market.
- This report makes it easier for existing market players and new entrants to the prepreg business to plan their strategies and understand the dynamics of the industry, which ultimately helps them make better decisions.
Water treatment is the process of removing impurities and contaminants from water to make it safe and suitable for various applications, including drinking, cooking, and industrial use.
The process may involve a combination of physical, chemical, and biological methods to remove contaminants and improve the quality of water. Water treatment is essential for public health, as contaminated water may lead to a variety of waterborne illnesses, including cholera, typhoid fever, and dysentery. In addition, untreated water may contain harmful chemicals, heavy metals, and other pollutants that may damage ecosystems and harm aquatic life.
The water treatment equipment market refers to the industry involved in manufacturing and supplying various types of equipment and technologies used for treating and purifying water. This includes water filtration systems, reverse osmosis systems, ultraviolet (UV) disinfection systems, ion exchange systems, sedimentation systems, and other equipment used to remove impurities, contaminants, and microorganisms from water.
Water treatment equipment is chosen based on the properties of constituents such as density, quantity, chemical reactivity, boiling point, solubility, melting point, volatility, the purity level of water, and similar others. Water treatment equipment may be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Municipal water treatment: This includes equipment used by water treatment plants to purify water before it is distributed to homes and businesses.
- Industrial water treatment: This involves the use of equipment to treat water used in manufacturing processes, cooling systems, and other industrial applications.
- Residential water treatment: This refers to equipment that may be installed in homes and apartments to improve the quality of drinking water and remove impurities.
Some examples of water treatment equipment include water filtration systems, water softeners, reverse osmosis systems, ultraviolet (UV) sterilizers, and chemical disinfection systems. The type of equipment used may depend on the specific needs of the application and the contaminants that need to be removed.
The global water treatment equipment market is expected to grow significantly in the coming years due to the increase in demand for clean and safe drinking water, the growth in population, and increase in industrialization. However, changes in the regulatory environment and low consumer awareness inhibit the development owing to the price-sensitive nature of this market. The usage is limited in developing countries as the price of water treatment equipment is relatively higher compared to its traditional counterparts.
Moreover, emerging economies are expected to lead the water treatment equipment market in the coming years. In addition, a rise in awareness regarding energy conservation and sustainability in the construction industry is expected to benefit the water treatment equipment industry.
Moreover, the COVID-19 pandemic has had both direct and indirect impacts on the water treatment equipment market. The global water treatment equipment market relies on complex supply chains involving raw materials, components, and equipment from various regions. The pandemic has caused disruptions in supply chains due to lockdown measures, travel restrictions, and temporary closures of manufacturing facilities.
These disruptions have resulted in delays in production, delivery, and installation of water treatment equipment. Many industries and municipalities faced financial constraints during the pandemic, leading to reduced capital expenditure budgets. As a result, some projects related to the installation or upgrade of water treatment equipment may have been postponed or canceled. The uncertain economic environment and prioritization of other urgent needs contributed to the decline in investment in water treatment equipment.
The pandemic heightened awareness of hygiene and sanitization practices, leading to an increased demand for disinfection technologies in water treatment. UV disinfection systems and other advanced disinfection technologies saw increased interest and adoption as industries and municipalities sought to ensure the safety of their water supplies. The long-term outlook for the water treatment equipment market remains positive while the pandemic initially caused disruptions.
The importance of water quality and sanitation has been reinforced, and the need for resilient water treatment infrastructure has gained prominence. The demand for water treatment equipment is expected to rebound as the global economy recovers and investments in infrastructure resume. The water treatment equipment market is segmented on the basis of type, end-use industry, and region.
On the basis of type, the market is classified into process equipment, mud treatment, filtration systems & media, disinfection, diversions & screens, meters, membranes, and others. On the basis of end-use industry, the market is bifurcated into industrial water treatment equipment and municipal water treatment equipment. The industrial water treatment equipment segment is further segmented into process water treatment, wastewater treatment, and sludge treatment.
Moreover, the municipal water treatment equipment segment is further fragmented into process water treatment, wastewater treatment, and sludge treatment. On the basis of region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the industry include Calgon Carbon Corporation, Culligan Water, Ecolab, General Electric, Hydranautics, Pentair, Lenntech B.V., Suez, Veolia, and Xylem. These players have adopted product launches as their key strategy to increase their market shares.
By type, the market is divided into process equipment, mud treatment, filtration systems & media, disinfection, diversions & screens, meters, membranes, and others. The filtration systems & media segment held the largest market share in 2022 and is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The demand for filtration systems to treat and purify available water sources is growing as water resources become increasingly scarce. Furthermore, the industrial sector requires water for various processes, such as manufacturing, power generation, and chemical processing. There is an increase in need for filtration systems to treat process water, recycle wastewater, and meet stringent water quality standards as industrial activities expand worldwide.
By end-use industry, the market is categorized into industrial water treatment equipment and municipal water treatment equipment. The municipal water treatment equipment segment held the largest market share in 2022. Freshwater availability has dropped dramatically, and water pollution has increased at an exponential rate over the period. Increased environmental concerns, as well as more severe wastewater laws and legislation, are also driving the municipal wastewater treatment market.
By region, the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The Asia-Pacific region is one of the fastest-growing regions in the world, with a large population and a growing middle class. the abundant availability of raw materials in the Asia-Pacific area has enticed a number of multinational firms and investors to establish manufacturing facilities there, boosting the growth of the water treatment equipment market in the region.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the water treatment equipment market analysis from 2022 to 2032 to identify the prevailing water treatment equipment market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the water treatment equipment market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global water treatment equipment market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Water Treatment Equipment Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2032
USD 93.9 billion
CAGR of 5.7%
2022 - 2032
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
Calgon Carbon Corporation, Hydranautics, Culligan Water, Pentair, General Electric, Veolia, Lenntech B.V., Suez, Xylem, Ecolab
According to the opinions of various CXOs of leading companies, the water treatment equipment market is driven by rapidly expanding industrialization sector, and awareness about environmental sustainability. Moreover, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to register robust growth, significantly from the emerging economies such as China, India, and Indonesia, as they have huge potential with regards to the adoption of water treatment equipment due to growth in population and supportive policies that are aimed to the treatment of wastewater. However, high equipment costs are expected to pose a threat to the water treatment equipment market. Furthermore, the presence of alternative water treatment processes such as UV radiation and membranes, among others, hampers the growth of this market.
The industry is characterized by a high number of new market entrants that seek to tap lucrative opportunities in the global market while existing players enter strategic collaborations to increase capacities & expand their reach into emerging markets. The joint venture, merger, and acquisition activities in the industry have increased significantly over the past decade. Companies constantly seek to establish long-term contract agreements with trusted partners for sustainable business operations globally.