Waterproofing membrane is a thin layer of water tight material applied continuously over a firm surface, so that water doesnt pass through the membrane. Waterproof membrane should have certain properties such as strong, flexible, tear resistant, so that it can stretch over the buildings and cover the cracks. Waterproof membranes are of two types namely sheet based membranes and liquid applied membranes. Increase in the advancement of construction industry has led to rise in the demand of waterproofing materials for its structural integrity. Dampness can lead to various problems such as corrosion of metals, efflorescence, crumbling and softening of plasters, and deterioration of electrical fittings. Dampness prevention is also done by the use of waterproofing materials, thereby driving the market for waterproofing membrane during the forecast period.
The global waterproofing market is expected to register substantial growth during the forecast period, attributed to increase in building & construction industry, improved quality of construction, and increased demand in mining. Increasing governmental investments on infrastructure developments in majority of the developing countries, increasing waste & water management activities, low installation cost and labour requirements are the factors driving this market. The lightweight nature and superior properties also drives the market of waterproofing membrane.
The report segments the waterproofing market on the basis of type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into modified bitumen, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM), thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO), high density poly ethylene (HDPE), and low density poly ethylene (LDPE). TPO is the fastest growing segment because of its performance and installation advantages and heat resistant properties that are well suited for energy efficient roofing system. Based on application, the market is classified into roofing & walls, building structures, waste & water management, tunnels & landfills, and bridges & highways. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The Asia-Pacific region is the worlds largest market of waterproofing membranes with largest share of in terms of volume in 2015.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Carlisle Companies Inc. (U.S.), Firestone Building Products Company, LLC (U.S.), Soprema Group (France), GSE Environmental (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Johns Manville (U.S.), Sika AG (Switzerland), and GAF Materials Corporation (U.S.) is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global waterproofing membrane market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global waterproofing membrane market by type helps in understanding the types of membranes that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within waterproofing membrane market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework, which also helps in understanding competitive outlook of global waterproofing membrane market.
WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Modified bitumen
- Roofing & walls
- Building structures
- Waste & water management
- Tunnels & landfills
- Bridges & highways
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA