Weapons Release System Market Outlook – 2027
The global weapons release system market is experiencing a significant growth due to growing use of variety of missiles and bombs. Weapons release system is used by aircrafts to carry payloads and deliver them safely & precisely. Moreover, weapon release system has ejection control unit that enables the operator to control, guide, and communicate with the smart & precision guidance payloads and deliver them safely & precisely in mission critical situations. Additionally, military agencies are developing next-generation release systems in addition to current pyrotechnic release technology such as pneumatic and electronically actuated release system, which reduce weight and operate in a cleaner way, prolonging service life, and reducing maintenance costs.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Governments worldwide have initiated lockdown to control the COVID-19 outbreak, which is hampering the manufacturing process of weapons carriage system manufacturers.
The weapons release system companies are facing workforce shortage due to lack of site access and travel restrictions imposed by authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19. Moreover, companies relying on international workforce are unable to carry out product development & testing.
COVID-19 pandemic has forced manufacturers to delay on-going projects due to supply chain disruption caused by transport & logistics movement restrictions; hence, leading to lack of components for product manufacturing.
The production and development of aircrafts has also been put on hold in the wake of COVID-19 scenario to comply with government initiatives to redirect the financial resources to combat the spread of disease.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in usage of variety of weapons, increase in demand for pneumatic release systems, and rise in adoption of new airborne platforms are the factors that drive the global weapons release system market. However, decreasing defense budget due to economic slowdown and incompatibility among competitor’s weapon system and aircraft hinder the market growth. On the contrary, increase in use of different types of missile and development of new range of missiles such as beyond the visual range missile and anti-radiation missiles present new pathways in the industry.
The global weapons release system market trends are as follows:
Demand for pneumatic release system
Pneumatic system controls and transmits energy stored in the form of compressed air. Pneumatic weapon release system provides continuous high-pressure air supply to accurate & precise weapon separation. In addition, it applies a high ejection force to allow weapon release even at high altitude and high aircraft velocity. Modern combat aircrafts such as F-35A is at the forefront of fighter operations due to utilizing design features such as internal weapons carriage and the use of pneumatic weapons ejection rather than explosive cartridges that significantly reduces maintenance personnel hours required to clean & service fourth generation weapons delivery systems. Similarly, in 2018, a pneumatic ejection system for the Brahmos (supersonic cruise missile) air version test launch from an Indian Air Force (IAF) Sukhoi-30MKI jet was conducted. The pneumatic ejections system’s most important component is a canister holding air at a pressure of 30 bars and that the system has to be tested and certified by the Center for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC), based in Bangalore, India before being deployed in service. Hence the demand for pneumatic release system is expected to drive the global weapon release system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global weapons release system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global weapons release system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global weapons release system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global weapons release system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the weapons release system market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the weapons release system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Weapons Release System Market Report Highlights
By Weapon Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Harris Corporation, Ultra Electronics, RAFAUT, Cobham plc, ALKAN, Moof Inc., Marvin Group, Raytheon Company, RUAG Group., Marotta Controls