Web application firewall (WAF) is a hardware or software solution developed for controlling and monitoring network traffic on web-enabled applications. This firewall establishes a relatively secure barrier between the system and external environment. It provides web protection at the application layer of the open system interconnection model from many attacks types, such as XSS, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, DT, and RFI. WAF identifies and blocks attempts to exploit known web application vulnerabilities by shortening the window of exposure while patches are thoroughly tested and deployed.
Growth in dependency on the internet, rise of e-commerce, and increase in security investment by end user drive the global web application firewall market. However, the high cost of deployment & implementation restricts the market growth. Increase in demand for cloud-based WAF solutions presents a major opportunity for market expansion.
The global web application firewall market is segmented on the basis of deployment model, product, end user, and region. The deployment models covered in this study include cloud-based WAF and on-premises WAF. Based on product, the market is divided into stand-alone WAF, embedded WAF, and integrated WAF. The end-user segment includes e-commerce; banking, financial services, and insurance; and government. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global web application firewall market is dominated by key players such as Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Imperva, Juniper Networks, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Applicure Technologies Ltd., Art of Defence Australia (ADA) Pty Ltd., and Barracuda Networks, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global web application firewall market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Web Application Firewall Market Key Segments:
By Deployment Model
- Cloud-based WAF
- On-premises WAF
- Stand-alone WAF
- Embedded WAF
- Integrated WAF
By End User
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- F5 Networks, Inc.
- Fortinet, Inc.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Akamai Technologies
- Applicure Technologies Ltd.
- Art of Defence Australia (ADA) Pty Ltd.
- Barracuda Networks, Inc.