Welded bellow is known as flexible seal in industrial applications. Welded bellows offer a constant spring rate due to their elastic qualities. They are commonly used in the crucial conditions of industry, particularly in precision engineering. Bellows are commonly adopted in a variety of applications, including accumulators, high vacuum seals, flexible joints, and temperature & pressure management. They are employed in industries due to various qualities such as leak rate, stroke requirement, chemical resistant, and spring rate.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Metal bellow properties such as chemical resistance, spring rate, leak rate, and life cycle are considered by the engineers to be used in hydraulic applications, including volume consumption, valve seals, and fluid power control. Metal usage for various applications is becoming increasingly popular in manufacturing industry. Material-oriented metal bellows are being manufactured by major manufacturers for specific industry uses. Stainless steel, nickel, Inconel, titanium, and copper are a few of the metals available on the market for many industrial purposes. Due to their low magnetic permeability, metal bellows made of 316 stainless steel are adopted by aerospace, oil & gas, semiconductor, and healthcare sectors. In the chemical and semiconductor sectors, copper metal bellows are used due to their low magnetic conductivity. Moreover, these metals bellows are used in military & defense, oil & gas, aerospace, and industrial automation industries for rotational indication. Bellows with both ends linked to shafts (misaligned or prone to linear or angular shift) are used as a coupling or rotating indication due to their rotational stiffness while moving freely along a main axis.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic ceased the production of various products in the welded metal bellows industry, which is attributed to the lockdown. This has hampered the growth of welded metal bellows market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2022.
- COVID-19 affected the sales of welded metal bellows in the end quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to have a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for welded metal bellows was previously noticed in giant manufacturing regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for bellows.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Welded metal bellows manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce their expenses. On the contrary, few players adopted employee lay-offs to sustain themselves during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Welded metal bellows manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Demand for welded metal bellows is increasing due to rise in demand from industrial verticals such as automotive, power generation, oil & gas, and semiconductor. Manufacturers all over the world are focusing on improving economic competitiveness and protecting the environment by using materials that have a lower impact on the manufacturing process. Furthermore, manufacturers are focused on creating such bellows across Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific, where the consumption rate is strong, due to changes in end user preferences. For example, Technetics, the U.S.-based company, uses complicated mechanical systems to develop and produce high-precision bellows. The semiconductor, aerospace, oil & gas, and healthcare industries are among the areas for which the company's products are available.
Moreover, the principal purpose of significant welded metal bellows is to resist chemical attack defects on elastomers while producing a high vacuum seal in the machine, which extends machine’s life and durability. Furthermore, companies use welded bellows for path sealing without considering whether the environment is suitable, which forces to replace the bellows on a regular basis. Such factors are expected to drive the market growth in the forecast period.
- In March 2022, AESSEAL Plc. introduced sealing solutions for pulp and paper industry. Pulp screening equipment is a crucial part of the process of making high-quality pulp and paper. This solution achieves greater cleanliness and a maximum yielding process. Mechanical seals are crucial in lowering operating and maintenance costs.
- In January 2022, Senior Plc., a manufacturer of engineered components and systems, was awarded a contract by Boeing Company. It offers solutions for beam assemblies and quadrant assemblies. It further offers fasteners, spring, and critical metal bellows components for the aerospace industry.
- In November 2021, MW Industries, a provider of precision components, acquired Fox Valley Spring Company, LLC. This acquisition expanded automation and manufacturing capabilities for spring metal bellows and wire forms. Both companies together manufacture torsion springs, extension springs, and die springs.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the welded metal bellows industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, opportunities and market share of welded metal bellows share.
- A quantitative analysis highlights the welded metal bellows growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed welded metal bellows analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Welded Metal Bellows Market Report Highlights