Welding Helmets Market Outlook - 2027
Welding is a process used in many industries to join two metals according to the application. During the welding process, there is danger for the worker due to the spark generated during the process. The spark could damage the eyes of the worker. Therefore, to avoid such incidents, welding helmets are used. A welding helmet is a headgear, which is used by the worker when the welding process is being done. Different types of welding helmets or headgears are available in the market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for welding helmets is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as manufacturing and automotive, owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the welding helmets industry, mainly owing to prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the welding helmets market significantly from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which have been badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus to protect their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Welding helmets are necessary for the person who is performing certain type of welding process. They protect the person from getting injuries on face, neck, and eye. The injuries can happen due to the heat, infrared light, spark, ultraviolet light, and flash burn. Generally, in arc welding process, such as gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, and shielded metal arc welding, the welding helmets or headgears are widely used. The loss of vision due to burning of retina can also be prevented by using welding helmets. Both of these conditions are caused when welding process is performed without using the welding helmet. Naked eye gets exposed to the infrared rays and highly concentrated ultraviolet (UV) rays, which are emitted during the welding process. Attributed to these factors, the demand for welding helmet is expected to increase during the forecast period. Welding is considered as one of the important processes in manufacturing of different components. Companies make it mandatory for the workers to use welding helmets or headgears so that dangerous incidents can be prevented. This could be the key driving factor for the growth of the welding helmets market. In addition, the welding process is widely used in the construction industry as well. As the number of construction projects is rising across the globe, the demand for welding helmets is also increasing.
Two types of welding helmets are available in the market, passive helmet and auto darkening helmet. Passive helmets come with a non-adjustable dark lens and the worker performing the process needs to lower the helmet during the welding process. The auto darkening helmet is used when the worker raises and lowers the helmet frequently. Auto darkening helmets are easy to use and provide more convenience to the worker.
Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific region is considered as one of the most important regions for the growth of the welding helmets market. In some countries from the Asia-Pacific region, such as India and China, the number of industries is growing at a rapid pace. Therefore, there is high demand for welding helmets from these countries, which could be an important factor for the growth of the market.
New product launch to boost the market
Many companies in the welding helmets market are trying to develop and introduce new products to the market. These new products are more compact and effective than the previous products. For example, in June 2018, Miller Mfg. LLC, one of the leading manufacturers of the welding safety equipment, launched innovative welding helmet, Weld mask. This product is considered as the alternative to conventional welding helmets. It provides better protection to the eyes compared to the conventional helmet. Weld mask is very easy to wear and remove. Therefore, it is preferred over conventional helmets.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the welding helmets market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the welding helmets market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the welding helmets market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Welding Helmets Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Shade Lenses
By Power Type
By End-Use Industry
Key Market Players
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, Hobart Welding Products, Honeywell International Inc, The Lincoln Electric Company, Illinois Tool Works Inc., Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc., Wenzhou Essen Security Technology. Ltd., Optrel AG, Changzhou Shine Science & Technology, 3M, Jackson Safety, Ningbo Geostar Electronics Co. Ltd