The global whiteness meter market has witnessed a significant growth over the past few years and will continue to grow at a considerable rate in the coming years. A whiteness meter is an electronic device used to measure the whiteness of a surface or powder. Except solutions or liquid samples, a whiteness meter can be extensively used to measure the whiteness of textiles, prints, dyes, construction materials, cardboard, paper, and plastics. The whiteness meter is also being used in the food industry for measuring the whiteness of salt, starch, sugar, and flour. Whiteness meter is a quality measuring parameter in many industries, thus increasing the demand for whiteness meters. The increase in demand of whiteness meter in cement and paint industry has further contributed toward the growth of the whiteness meter market. The key players in the industry are investing a considerable number of resources on research to make whiteness meters more accurate and economical.
A whiteness meter consists of a light source, optical system, detection system, data process, and an LCD display screen. The whiteness meter works on the principle of photoelectric effect and D65 light source as an illumination condition. It determines the whiteness level by measuring the intensity of light reflection on a scale of 1 to 100. The whiteness level of an absolutely black surface is measured 1 by the whiteness meter. The use of whiteness meter as a measurement of quality has significantly contributed in the rapid growth of whiteness meter market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production in various sectors which were the end users of whiteness meter, thus hampering the growth of whiteness meter market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has resulted in a significant decrease in the construction sector, thereby reducing the demand for whiteness meter in cement and paint industry, which has negatively influenced the growth of whiteness meter market.
- The major demand for whiteness meter was previously noticed from countries including U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and France, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for whiteness meters.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Whiteness meter manufacturers can afford declining sales only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis
- Whiteness meter manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
The use of whiteness meter as a quality control parameter in various industries such as food, cement, paint, paper, textile and many more has been the main driver for the growth of whiteness meter market. The rapid infrastructure development in Asia Pacific region has resulted to an exponential increase in the demand of paints and primes, also the increased importance of quality and accuracy have further fuelled the growth of whiteness meter market. The use of whiteness meter to measure the paint quality of high-end luxury cars has boosted the whiteness meter market. The ease of operation and availability of a wide variety of whiteness meters with varying range and accuracy, has resulted in the use of whiteness meters in various industries. Portability and durability further add to the growth of whiteness meter market. The high cost of whiteness meter and the lack of demand in developing regions are the restraints to the development of whiteness meter market. The increased investments in food technology have resulted in the rise in usability of the whiteness meter, and is also expected be a major contributing factor in the growth of whiteness meter market throughout the forecast period.
- The increasing urbanization has resulted in rapid construction of residential and commercial buildings globally. Thus, increasing the demand for construction materials and further increasing the demand for whiteness meter as a quality control device in construction material industry.
- While the whiteness meter market in Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at a rapid rate, North America and Europe are set to be the major markets for whiteness meter in the forecast period.
- Key player in the market have directed their resources towards research and development to develop internationally compliant whiteness meters. For instance, PCE Deutschland GmbH has introduced whiteness meters in compliance with the international testing standards such as ISO 3688 and ISO 2470.
- The major players in the industry are also investing resources for improving accuracy and cost efficiency of whiteness meters.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the whiteness meter industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the whiteness meter market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the whiteness meter market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed whiteness meter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Whiteness Meter by Product Type by Product Type Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User Industry
By Business Type
Key Market Players
Labtron Equipment Ltd, Arotek Scientific Instruments Private Limited, OPTICS TECHNOLOGY, PCE Instruments., Mxrady Lab Solutions Private Limited, AELAB Group, Mesu Lab Instruments (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd, Kett US, Caltech Engineering Services, EIE Instruments.