Exome sequencing is a technique for sequencing all of the exome and protein-coding genes in a genome. This technique includes selection of the subset of DNA that encodes proteins or exons, followed by sequencing of the exonic DNA using high-throughput DNA sequencing methods. Exome sequencing is used to identify genetic variants responsible for diseases such as Miller Syndrome and Alzheimers disease.
The global whole exome sequencing market is driven by increase in number of R&D activities to fulfill new scientific applications, high adoption of advanced technologies, rise in awareness about whole exome sequencing technology, and high demand for diagnosis of rare diseases. However, lack of skilled professionals and ethical & legal issues associated with these techniques restrain the market growth. Furthermore, the high demand for personalized medicine and development of new innovative products by key players provide numerous opportunities for market expansion in the near future.
The whole exome sequencing market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, application, end user, and region. Based on product, it is divided into systems, kits, and services. Systems is further divided into Hiseq Series, Miseq, and ION torrent platforms. Hiseq series is further bifurcated into Hiseq 2500 and Hiseq 1500. ION torrent platforms is sub-divided into ION PGM and ION Proton. Kits are further sub-segmented into DNA fragmentation, end repair, A-Tailing, size selection kits, library preparation kits, and target enrichment kits. The services segment is divided into sequencing services and data analysis (bioinformatics) services. Based on technology, the market is categorized into sequencing by synthesis, ION semiconductor sequencing, and others. The application segment includes diagnostics, drug discovery and development, personalized medicine, agriculture and animal research, and others. Diagnostics application segment is further sub-segmented into cancer diagnostics, monogenic (Mendelian) disorders, monogenic types of diabetes, and others. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into hospitals, clinics, research centers, academic & government institutes, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and others. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Agilent Technologies, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Eurofins Scientific Group, GENEWIZ, Inc., Knome, Inc., Macrogen, Inc., Ambry Genetics Corp., and Beijing Genomics Institute.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global whole exome sequencing market with current trends and future estimations from 2016 to 2023 to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Whole Exome Sequencing Market Key Segments:
- Hiseq Series
- Hiseq 2500
- Hiseq 1500
- ION Torrent Platforms
- ION PGM
- ION Proton
- Hiseq Series
- DNA Fragmentation, End Repair, A-Tailing, and Size Selection Kits
- Library Preparation Kits
- Target Enrichment Kits
- Sequencing Services
- Data Analysis (Bioinformatics) Services
- Sequencing by Synthesis (SBS)
- ION Semiconductor Sequencing
- Other Technologies
- Sequencing by Ligation (SBL)
- Cancer Diagnostics
- Monogenic (Mendelian) Disorders
- Monogenic Types of Diabetes
- Common Diseases and Complex Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Personalized Medicine
- Agriculture & Animal Research
By End User
- Research Centers
- Academic & Government Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA