Wind energy is a form of solar energy used to generate electric power. Wind turbines transform the kinetic energy in the wind into the mechanical power. This mechanical power is then converted into electricity with the help of a generator. The uneven heating of atmosphere by the sun, variations in the earths surface, and rotation of the earth leads to the generation of winds. In addition, mountain ranges, water bodies, and forests influence the flow patterns of winds. Factors affecting the amount of energy created by a wind turbine are wind speed, density of air flowing, and cleared area.
The demand for wind energy technology is expected to rise globally owing to various factors such as growth in demand for expansion of electricity generation and access. Apart from the above factors, production capacity additions, decline in prices, and increase in R&D drive the wind energy foundation market. However, climatic changes and global warming restrain the growth of the market. Moreover, government initiatives, and subsidies provided globally is expected to open new opportunities in the market.
The global wind energy foundation market is segmented based on the foundation type. Monopile, gravity based structure (GBS), space frame-tripod, space frame-jacket, and space frame tri-pile are the sub segments of foundation type. Based on geography, the market is analyzed into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Amongst these, the Asia-Pacific is largest of all markets due to growth in needs for clean energy in economies such as China and India where the expansion of this industry has a positive impact.
The major players profiled in this study include the following:
- Suzlon Energy Limited
- Ramboll Group
- OWEC Tower AS
- Offshore Wind Power Systems of Texas LLC
- Blue H Engineering BV
- SWAY AS
- Marine Innovation & Technology
- Statoil ASA
- Principle Power, Inc.
- DONG Energy (UK) Ltd.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global wind energy foundation market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments is also provided.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by the key players across geographies and the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Wind Energy Foundation Market Key Segments
By Foundation Type
- Gravity Based Structure (GBS)
- Space Frame-Tripod
- Space Frame-Jacket
- Space Frame Tri-Pile
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
- Bladt Industries A/S
- TAG Energy Solutions Ltd
- MT Hjgaard
- Dillinger Group
(The aforementioned companies are profiled in the report, but can be included on request.)