Wired Interface is the wired link that connects various devices for transferring data, audio, video, and power with the help of cables. It is also used for the purpose of streaming. Majority of workplaces use this interface for communication between various devices and for purpose of networking. Various ethernet cables and ports are used as wired interface for transferring and communication of data and power. Thus, these interfaces find their applications in IT, consumer electronics, residences, and automotive, owing to the increase in usage of smartphones, laptops, cameras, and other electronic devices. Innovations in electronic systems pave the wired interface market for improved and better wired interfaces.
The global wired interface market size is segmented into type, component, device, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is further segmented into power transfer interface, data transfer interface, audio & display interface, and others. By component, the industry is sub-segmented into HDMI, display port, thunderbolt, and USB. In terms of device, the market is sub-divided into laptop & PC, smartphones, TV, gaming consoles, cameras, and others. Based on industry vertical, the market is bifurcated further into consumer electronics, it, residences, automotive, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the global market is divided across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Key players of the wired interface market analyzed in the research include Japan Aviation Electronics, Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, STMicroelectronics N.V, Microchip Technology Inc., NXP Semiconductors, TE Connectivity Ltd, Cypress semiconductors Corp., Texas Instruments Inc., Rohm Co. Ltd., Analog Devices Inc. and others. They have adopted various strategies including new product launches, collaborations, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, agreements, and others to gain a stronghold and international presence across the world.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Increase in use of electronic devices and networking required between them. In addition, owing to low transferring and streaming capacity of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology, its adoption has increased by various organizations. However, the wireless technology adopted by few developed countries hinder the wired interface market growth. Moreover, demand and use of wired interface is expected to increase, owing to security factors and high data rate transfers.
New product launches to flourish the wired interface market
Thunderbolt 3 IP68 waterproof type-C connector CAM-L41 was recently launched by Minbea. This wired interface is able to achieve very high speed data transmission up to 40 Gbps. It is waterproof and resist to environmental changes. It also supports full duplex communication and USB-Power delivery.
Thus this product flourished the market, owing to its larger capacity needs, which is capable to meet needs of 5G networks, higher speed, high functionality of devices, and improved stability for functioning under harsh conditions.
Surge in use in offices and companies
As the two devices smartphone and PC/Laptops have become an integral part of most of the organizations, there is a need to transfer data, power and others between the devices. But, this data, power and other transfer should be done at higher speed, securely, conveniently and cost efficiently. This is possible by using the wired interface. Hence, there is surge in demand and use of wired interfaces in offices and companies.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- Global wired interface market share has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have significant led to decline in demand for wired interfaces.
- Global factories have struggled to manufacture, integrate and assemble new technologies as workers have stayed in their homes and even the already available devices in various warehouses cannot be transported due to current rules and regulations, which, in turn, has disrupted the global supply chains.
- The wired interface market would be less impacted than other markets for non-essential goods and services as these systems are essential part of automation. Moreover, the world would be shifting more toward automation so that no other pandemic can disrupt production.
- This COVID-19 crisis is expected to provide opportunities for companies to invest, implement, and research in technologies, which involve less human touch. For instance, combination of AI and automation.
- The impact of COVID-19 on wired interface market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these products are gradually going to increase as various growing industries.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global wired interface market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global wired interface market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global wired interface industry growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global wired interface market trends analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the wired interface market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the wired interface market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Wired Interface Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Molex Inc., Stmicroelectronics N.V., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Rohm Co., Ltd., Cypress Semiconductor Corp., TE Connectivity Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, Japan Aviation Electronics Industry, Ltd., Texas Instruments Inc, Microchip Technology Inc