A wireless gas detection system is a device used to detect the presence of a gas in a system. It is a part of safety system and is used to detect leakage of hazardous and explosive gases in an industry. The detector is usually connected to a control system that automatically shuts down the process in case of any leakage or situation of emergency. These systems enable real-time safety and security threat detection to help mitigate risk, and protect workers, contractors, the public, and the industry assets. Wireless gas detection offers high accuracy, flexibility, and reliability in the detection of gas leaks and prevents occurrence of any major industrial accident.
With the advancements in sensor technology along with safety solutions, vendors focus on accelerating response time of sensors, lead to market growth. The tragedies in the past (the Chernobyl disaster and Bhopal gas tragedy) have forced the world governments to setup safety guidelines for gas leakage detection. This leads to increase in investments in the market and fuels the growth. The rise in concern to detect the level of harmful gases released and their abatement also drives this industry for further development. However, price pressure to develop these wireless detection systems continues to restrain the growth of the gas detection market.
The wireless gas detection market is segmented based on component, technology, end-user industry, application, and geography. On the basis of component, the market is classified into hardware, software, and services. Based on technology, it is divided into wireless networking (WiFi), bluetooth, cellular, license-free ISM band, and others. The end-user industry segment includes oil & gas, power, chemical, mining & metals, and others. Applications covered in the study include industrial safety, national security & military applications, and environmental safety. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Prominent players operating in this market include RAE Systems, Inc., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Oldham SAS, Tyco, AirTest Technologies, Inc., Bacharach, Inc., California Analytical Instruments, Inc., City Technology Ltd., Crowcon Detection Instruments, Ltd., and Detector Electronics Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the wireless gas detection market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 is provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers.
Wireless Gas Detection Market Key Segmentation
- Wireless Networking (WiFi) Technology
- Bluetooth Technology
- Cellular Technology
- License-Free ISM Band Technology
By End User Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Mining & Metals
- Industrial Safety
- National Security & Military Applications
- Environmental Safety
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- RAE Systems, Inc.
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Oldham SAS
- Tyco Gas & Flame
- AirTest Technologies, Inc.
- Bacharach, Inc.
- California Analytical Instruments, Inc.
- City Technology Ltd.
- Crowcon Detection Instruments, Ltd.
- Detector Electronics Corporation