Wollastonite Market Analysis:
Wollastonite, a calcium inosilicate mineral (CaSiO3) that contains modest quantities of iron, magnesium, and manganese filling in for calcium. Wollastonite is available in two forms, natural and synthetic. Natural wollastonite may contain trace measures of different metal particles, for example, aluminum, iron, magnesium, potassium, and sodium. Wollastonite is infrequently accessible in unadulterated structure. It contains different minerals, for example, calcite, garnet, and dropsied as gangue minerals or polluting influences, which are eliminated during preparing.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- India is the second largest producer of wollastonite after China; however, due to the lockdown imposed across the globe, decline has been witnessed in its production.
- This is further anticipated to impact the export and import for this market.
- In addition, decline in production for wollastonite has currently impacted other industrial sectors such as construction, automotive, and electronics.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Wollastonite is essentially utilized in ceramics, friction products mainly vehicle brakes, metallurgy, paints, and plastics. Some crucial properties that make it advantageous are its high brightness & whiteness, low dampness & oil absorption, low unpredictable substance, and acicular properties. However, availability of substitute of wollastonite is anticipated to restrain the growth of the global market. Other substitute of wollastonite include several nonfibrous minerals or rocks, such as kaolin, mica, and talc, which are added to plastics to increase flexural strength, and minerals such as baryte, calcium carbonate, gypsum, and talc, which impart dimensional stability to plastics.
Trends that directly affect the wollastonite business include surge in consumption of ultrafine wollastonite and increase in use of synthetic wollastonite.
New product launches to boost the market
New York-based wollastonite expert Nyco presented two new products, Nyglos 1000 and Nyglos MD1000. The organization mentioned that these ultrafine nondirectional wollastonite grades are accessible uncoated and artificially adjusted and are intended to replace costly chemically altered calcined mud or other platy type minerals in glass/mineral intensified designing plastics, alloys, and blends.
Surge in usage in wollastonite
Rise in disposal income, increase in construction activities with higher pace at a global level, growing concern from industry players for better safety & protection of buildings are augmenting the growth of the construction industry, which, in turn, is likely to create potential growth opportunity for the development of the global wollastonite market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global wollastonite market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global wollastonite market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global wollastonite market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Wollastonite Market Report Highlights
By End-users Industry
Key Market Players
NYCO Minerals Inc, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC, Anhui Pioneer Mining Co. Ltd., Nordkalk, Canadian Wollastonite, Imerys, ACB Minerals Joint Stock Company, Wolkem, R. T. Vanderbilt Holding