Wood-cement boards are exterior and interior building materials manufactured utilizing wood and cement. Fire resistance, freeze-thaw resistance, termite & vermin resistance, wet & dry rot resistance, and thermal insulation are the main characteristics offered by these boards. They are widely utilized in non-residential applications such as gymnasiums & swimming pools due to their sound absorption properties & acoustic performance.
Wood-cement boards accept a wide range of conventional plastering, mastics, and decorative materials. Wood strand cement boards (WSCB) are less susceptible to severe weathering, insect attack, and fungal growth when compared to oriented strandboard (OSD) & plywood; it exhibits structural strength and good durability.
The increasing demand for durable & energy efficient economic housing is the primary factor that drives the wood-cement boards market globally. Growing urbanization, increasing disposable incomes, and rise in the number of construction activities are the other factors that supplement market growth. High costs of wood siding grades, stringent government regulations associated with the cutting of trees, and maintenance are some of the factors that may limit the market growth. However, the rising demand from emerging economies such as China & India and product development will provide potential opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the wood-cement boards market on the basis of type and application. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into wood wool cement board (WWCB), wood strand cement board (WSCB), and others. Others comprise standard WWCB, fine-fibre acoustic & decorative WWCB, composite WWCB, reinforced roofing WWCB, and others. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into flooring & underlayment, external siding, permanent shuttering, prefabricated houses, exterior & partition walls, acoustic & thermal insulation, roofing shingles, fire resistant construction, and others. The geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players that operate in the market adopt strategies such as product launch, mergers, acquisition, and expansion to strengthen their market reach to maintain their position in the competitive market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report include:
- Eltomation B.V.
- Fibretex India Pvt. Ltd.
- Foshan Tiange Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Titan Building Materials Co., Ltd.
- Nichiha USA, Inc.
- Right Angle Interior Pvt. Ltd.
- Shahsahib Woodwool Enterprises
- Smart Wood Boards
- Trusus Technology (Beijing) Co., Limited
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global wood-cement boards market to identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth has been provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market has been provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years have been listed.
Wood-cement Boards Market Key Segments:
- Wood Wool Cement Board (WWCB)
- Standard WWCB
- Fine-Fibre Acoustic & Decorative WWCB
- Composite WWCB
- Reinforced Roofing WWCB
- Wood Strand Cement Board (WSCB)
- Flooring & Underlayment
- External Siding
- Permanent Shuttering
- Prefabricated Houses
- Exterior & Partition Walls
- Acoustic & Thermal Insulation
- Roofing Shingles
- Fire Resistant Construction
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA