Wood plastic composites (WPC) are natural fibers composed of recycled thermoplastics, wood filler, and additives. Thermoplastics used in WPC are polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, and others. Additives are added to improve stability, processing, and physical appearance. WPCs are formed mainly by single stage extrusion or two stage extrusion process. They are expensive than many conventional wood materials but possess various advantages such as longer durability, pressure treated lumber, termite & fungi susceptibility, water & weather resistance, easy maintenance, environmental friendly, and others. Due to excellent characteristics, WPCs are used in different applications such as fences, railing, furniture, wall cladding, and others.
The wood plastic composites market is a growing market and the increased demand from the end users majorly from the building & construction industry drives the market. North America leads the market followed by Asia-Pacific and Europe due to the increase in investment in the infrastructure & construction projects and strategic developments such as increased R&D activities, expansions, and acquisitions. The major factors that drive the market growth includes high growth in building & construction market, ban on using arsenic, copper, and chromium toxins and augment demand for recyclable products from end users such as automobile industry. However, factors such as high cost of raw materials and stringent rules related to heavy load & rigidity are expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the wood plastic composite market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on by type, the market is classified into polyethylene, polyvinylchloride, polypropylene, and others. On the basis of application, the market is divided into building & construction products, automotive components, industrial & consumer goods, and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Trex Company, Inc., Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies, Inc. (AERT), Universal Forest Products, Inc., Fiberon, LLC, Timbertech, Tamko Building Products, Inc., Axion International, Inc., Beologic N.V., Certainteed, Fkur Kunststoff GmbH, Josef Ehrler GmbH & Co. Kg, Polymera, Inc. and Polyplank AB, are also provided in the report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global wood plastic composite market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the wood plastic composite market is analyzed for regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA along with analysis of major countries in each region.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of wood plastic composite) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global wood plastic composite market is provided.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of wood plastic composite market.
WOOD PLASTIC COMPOSITES (WPC) MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Building & Construction Products
- Automotive Components
- Industrial & Consumer Goods
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA