Encryption Software Market Overview:
The increase in government as well as state regulations on data privacy and compliance requires the enterprises to tighten their data end-point security measures. With the growth in number of stringent regulations, the organizations need to put in place effective data security technologies, to abide by the applicable laws and ensure that sensitive data or the personally identifiable data (PII) pertaining to customers, employees, and the company is protected at all times. Encryption is either mandated or cited by such laws at an appropriate data protection method. The major factors that drive the global encryption software market are increased compliance regulations, growth in complexity of number of data breaches, Snowden revelations, and increased adoption of cloud and virtualization. However, increased costs and complexity, lack of awareness and education, and regulatory restrictions on crypto-software are expected to hamper the encryption software market growth.
The report comprises the study of the global encryption software market that focuses on various industry verticals such financial sector, government, healthcare, and others. The usage considered are data-at-rest and data-in-transit.
The key manufacturers profiled in the report include Symantec Corporation, Sophos Holdings Ltd., McAfee, Check Point Software Technologies, Proofpoint, and Trend Micro.
The encryption software industry market is segmented by usage, industry verticals, and geography. Based on usage, it is sub-segmented into data-at-rest and data-in-transit. In 2016, data-at-rest generated the highest revenue in the global encryption software market. However, data-in-transit sub-segment is anticipated to exhibit the highest growth during the forecast period.
Based on industry verticals, the encryption software market is segmented into financial sector, government, healthcare, and others. In 2016, financial sector dominated the encryption software industry, in terms of revenue, and is projected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The geographical regions considered in the report are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America is expected to dominate the encryption software market; however, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow rapidly.
Encryption Software Market Key Benefits
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the encryption software market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the encryption software market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and impact analysis
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017‐2022 are provided to highlight the financial caliber of the encryption software market and is also impacting the encryption software growth
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain
GLOBAL ENCRYPTION SOFTWARE MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
- Encryption for Data-at-rest
- Full Disc Encryption (FDE)
- File Level Encryption (FLE)
- Encryption for Data-in-transit
- Financial Sector
- Public Sector
- Others (Majorly Retail)
- North America
KEY MARKET PLAYERS PROFILED
- Symantec Corporation
- Sophos Holdings Ltd.
- Check Point Software Technologies
- Trend Micro
OTHER COMPANIES MENTIONED IN THE REPORT
Other companies mentioned in the report include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Verizon, Yahoo, Silent Circle, Per Damballa, Amazon, SurfRight, JPMorgan, Jafco Ventures, CipherCloud, PerspecSys and San Jose, WhatsApp, Open Whisper Systems, Geeksphone, WhisperSystems, Cyberoam Technologies, ForeScout Technologies, Stonesoft Oyj, KoolSpan and LiveOffice.