Wound care is a treatment and diagnosis of skin abrasions, infections, cracks, lacerations, and others. The major functions of wound care are removal of nonviable tissues, provide damp environment, and prevent further damage. It also helps in regulating blood flow & oxygen and careful positioning of body part to avoid excessive pressure. The prevention of skin from infection, extremes of temperature, and radiation is possible through wound care.
Rising aging population, awareness about new technologies, and increasing incidences of diabetes would propel growth of the world wound care market. However, high cost of technologically advanced products hinders the growth of the market. Growth in active wound care market and technological innovation create opportunities for growth.
The world wound care market is segmented based on type and geography. The types covered in the report include traditional, basic, advanced, active and therapy. The traditional wound care techniques include wound closure and anti-infective. Basic techniques include films and cleansing, while advanced techniques include hydrogels, hydrocolloids, alginate, and collagen. Active techniques covered in the report include artificial skin and skin substitutes. The therapy segment is classified into pressure relief devices and NPWT. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent companies operating in the market are 3M Company, Baxter International Inc., Coloplast A/S, Kinetic Concepts Inc., Convatec Healthcare B.S.A.R.L., Covidien PLC, Derma Sciences Inc., Hollister Inc., Ethicon Inc., and Smith & Nephew. They have adopted various strategies, such as new product launches, mergers, expansions, partnerships, agreements, joint ventures, and others to sustain and strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world wound care market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world wound care market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments withinthe world wound care market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world wound care market is segmented into North America, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
Wound Care Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Ethicon, Baxter International (Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc), Derma Sciences, Coloplast Corp., 3M Company, Covidien (Medtronic), Smith & Nephew Plc, URGO Medical Technologies, Inc., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, ConvaTec Group Plc